Solved

I can't recover files with Veeam agent

• 14 October 2023
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 2
We ended up losing our file server disk, we make a backup with the Veeam agent because it is a physical machine, but several files are corrupted, and I can't get them out of Veeam, I saw that there is a Veeam tool that can help to recover these files but I couldn't find them.
icon

Best answer by victor.rhoden 15 December 2023, 19:39

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Are you using Veeam Agent for Windows right?

The management are being made by Veeam Backup Server or Agent?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Please try this:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/extract_utility.html?ver=120

Userlevel 2

Are you using Veeam Agent for Windows right?

The management are being made by Veeam Backup Server or Agent?

Sorry for the delay in responding, we are using the agent
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That should be ok you’re using the Agent @victor.rhoden . How are you attempting to do the restore? Did you create a recovery media ISO after you installed the Agent for you to be able to restore your files and/or Volumes? I don’t think the Extract Utiltiy will help you here as I believe it’s only to be able to restore virtual machine files, and not necessarily Volumes or Files from Agent backups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @victor.rhoden - any update on this issue? Were you able to recover your files? If so, what did you do? If not, what further info can you provide for us to assist further?

Userlevel 2
Hello @coolsport00 I was restoring folder by folder and leaving aside files that were corrupted, this way I managed to restore 99% of the files, when Veeam was restoring the disk it found corrupted files and crashed. The only way I found to restore was folder by folder.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thank you for the update and sharing what you did to resolve your issue. 😊

Comment