Solved

Hyper V checkpoints appear when using Veeam B&R11 Replication

Userlevel 4

Hi All - Hope well.

I was hoping some one could shed some light on this. It seams when I replicate VM’s from our production server to the DR server, hyper V also makes a snap shot.

What is the correct way to start the replicas? I imagine just for the replication job to stop and then start the VM’s normally on Hyper V without using Hyper V snapshots?

What is the correct procedure? - I would also like to use the fail-back option so I dont want to hyperV snap shots to upset the process. Please find the image attached. Thanks all!

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 24 June 2021, 14:45

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Pegasus - that is actually how Veeam Replication works. Veeam doesn’t create vbk/vib files, but rather snaps. This is the same behavior for Veeam Repl for vSphere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It’s explained pretty well in the ‘About Rep’ section of the Hyper-V Guide here and here.

Userlevel 4

Got it. So if I want to deploy a Replica I will select the latest HV snapshot that was made after the replication task and start the VM in that manner? Thanks so much for the help.

Jay

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes sir...when you need to recover, use the Veeam Console and use the Failover Wizard. Choose the specified VM you need, then click the ‘Point’ button to choose the restore point (snapshot) you want to recover to. Follow through the rest of the Wizard, as shown here.

Userlevel 4

Got it! Thanks very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You bet...glad to help!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad to see you got an answer for this.

Comment