Skip to main content

How much market did CrowdStrike lose?

Let's discuss: 

Do you use CrowdStrike ?

If yes, how did you get affected?

29 comments

Userlevel 3

It sounds like the estimates of loss are around 5B for the Fortune 500.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It will be interesting to see how many customers they potentially loose.  I know there stock has dropped over $45 per share.  😮

Personally, I think it’ll blow over.  I know they’ll likely lose a few customers in the long run, but that drop in stock does make it a bit appealing to me to buy while it’s low.  I actually expected that it would rebound a bit faster, but to be fair, the not all of the clients have already rebounded either.

I don’t think people forget that quick. We had a VERY small SolarWinds footprint and couldn’t drop it fast enough. we went onto other companies to provide the same services.  We won’t go back. We found better options. Sure, these things COULD happen to the new companies, but it hasn’t yet. If it does, maybe we switch again. Solarwinds hasn’t recovered yet and that was nearly 4 years ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We are lucky and we’re not using it. This was a large event for the IT world. 

I wonder if business are going to start splitting software between multiple vendors to minimize exposure to something like this going forward. Similar to multi cloud environments. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We are lucky and we’re not using it. This was a large event for the IT world. 

I wonder if business are going to start splitting software between multiple vendors to minimize exposure to something like this going forward. Similar to multi cloud environments. 

It’s not a bad idea by any means.  I just got my client’s laptop that they gave me un-crowdstruck.  The interesting things is that they use Crowdstrike on their enterprise machines, but their SCADA network used for manufacturing is running Cylance, so that was unaffected.  And honestly, it may have been fine anyway because the SCADA network is largely segmented from the Internet, so it’s possible it would have survived, but not having Crowdstrike on those machines sure made life easier.  In fact, some of those machines they have in manufacturing can’t be interrupted for up to 2 or 3 months at a time and this would have rendered their products unusable.  It certainly doesn’t seem like a bad idea to distribute the stack for redundancy, but it probably would be harder to manage, knowing what machines or sites or however you decide to segment things are running which products/tools.

Comment