Feature Request - Add a Refresh option to Veeam B&R

• 6 November 2023
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 2

I’m currently using Veeam B&R v12. Having a screen Refresh option would be nice rather than having to constantly hit FN F5 on my keyboard.

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Normally there shouldn’t be the need to refresh manually at all. There might be a known issue with the “running jobs/task” view, but everything else should refresh automatically. Where do you see issues with refreshing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Never had to refresh when in the console other than where Regnor mentioned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jgaskin When I was using v11a, there is a running jobs issues as @regnor said, but v12 is better now. Did you find anything wrong and you need to refresh function?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Ummm, think you scared him off guys :P

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Issue was fixed in V12.  I had this in V11 for a while.

12.1 will be out soon as well. I’d suggest updating a bit after and your F5 issue will be resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jgaskin -

I am just following up on your ‘refresh’ post here. Items in the Console can take several seconds to change once modified. For example, once a job finishes, you may not see it go to ‘Success’ (or Failed) status for several seconds. This is normal behavior. 

Another refresh option you can do manually when creating Jobs is, when selecting VM objects to backup, there is a refresh icon in the upper right next to the other icons where you can choose which type of VM object to backup (i.e from infrastructure, tags, datastores, etc). Other than that, refresh happens kind of on its own. If you would like to make this a feature request to have a Refresh button on the Home node (main window) of the Console, feature requests are made in the Veeam Forums. You can submit your request there.

Also, if any of the comments submitted here answered your question properly, we ask you mark which one did as ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar question who come across your post may benefit.

Thank you!

Comment