Skip to main content
Solved

B&R Agent Reinstall

Hi, I recently upgraded to the most recent version of B&R community edition and I think as part of that process, one of my Windows PC did not failed to update its Agent properly.  Now, that Windows PC always shows up as offline and when I try to reinstall/update Agent from the console, I get “6/22/2024 5:19:43 PM Warning Failed to connect to MyPC Details: Failed to call RPC function 'PckgFind': Unknown property.”

I know that PC is on and has network connection.  Is there a way for me to manually reinstall the Agent on that PC?  If so, where can I find the installation files?  

Thank you!

14 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Hammer.... Try here:

https://www.veeam.com/products/free/microsoft-windows.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

See if this helps as well:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/deploy_agent_windows.html?ver=120

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks.  Is this the same Agent used by B&R or is this the standalone Agent.  Are they the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yeah...that's the standalone. Try looking in the VBR install location in C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, thanks for your help.  I found C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\WinAgent\VeeamAgent.exe

is this the right file?  Do I run this on the machine with the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi, thanks for your help.  I found C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\WinAgent\VeeamAgent.exe

That might be the package.  Try and see if not there should be another folder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think that’ll work; there’s another directory: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Agents\vaw\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi I think you could use too.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Does anyone know of a way to completely uninstall all the Veeam components so I can reinstall from B&R?  When I go into Windows Features and try to uninstall, it says it can’t find the msi file…

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Try to install it manually then uninstall it 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Unfortunately, since I’ve upgraded B&R, I no longer have access to the prior version of the Agent that I want to uninstall.  Manually installing the newer version does not “upgrade” the old version, but rather installs the newer version along side the old.  Very strange!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Do you have the ISO of the previous VBR version? Do you have the means to create a temporary Windows VM, then install the previous VBR version and then retrieve the Agent MSI in the directory shared above?

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you for your suggestion for re-running the prior version installers.  I was able to get them by restoring a backup of the backup server!  Thank goodness for backups!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Glad to hear you were able to get those file from backups! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Glad to hear you solved the issue.

Comment