Skip to main content
Solved

B&R Agent Reinstall

Hi, I recently upgraded to the most recent version of B&R community edition and I think as part of that process, one of my Windows PC did not failed to update its Agent properly.  Now, that Windows PC always shows up as offline and when I try to reinstall/update Agent from the console, I get “6/22/2024 5:19:43 PM Warning Failed to connect to MyPC Details: Failed to call RPC function 'PckgFind': Unknown property.”

I know that PC is on and has network connection.  Is there a way for me to manually reinstall the Agent on that PC?  If so, where can I find the installation files?  

Thank you!

Hi @Hammer.... Try here:

https://www.veeam.com/products/free/microsoft-windows.html

See if this helps as well:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/agents/deploy_agent_windows.html?ver=120

Thanks.  Is this the same Agent used by B&R or is this the standalone Agent.  Are they the same?

Yeah...that's the standalone. Try looking in the VBR install location in C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup 

Hi, thanks for your help.  I found C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\WinAgent\VeeamAgent.exe

is this the right file?  Do I run this on the machine with the problem?

Hi, thanks for your help.  I found C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\WinAgent\VeeamAgent.exe

That might be the package.  Try and see if not there should be another folder.

I think that’ll work; there’s another directory: C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Agents\vaw\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi I think you could use too.

Does anyone know of a way to completely uninstall all the Veeam components so I can reinstall from B&R?  When I go into Windows Features and try to uninstall, it says it can’t find the msi file…

Try to install it manually then uninstall it 

Unfortunately, since I’ve upgraded B&R, I no longer have access to the prior version of the Agent that I want to uninstall.  Manually installing the newer version does not “upgrade” the old version, but rather installs the newer version along side the old.  Very strange!

Do you have the ISO of the previous VBR version? Do you have the means to create a temporary Windows VM, then install the previous VBR version and then retrieve the Agent MSI in the directory shared above?

Thank you for your suggestion for re-running the prior version installers.  I was able to get them by restoring a backup of the backup server!  Thank goodness for backups!

Glad to hear you were able to get those file from backups! 😊

Glad to hear you solved the issue.

Comment