Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m experiencing issues with deploying VBR Agent on 2 Domain Joined Workstations using VBR 12.2.0.334 Community Edition.

I know that I am on my own here, but maybe someone has a good idea what could cause the problem.

When I try to install the client from the VBR console, it fails with the error: 

25-09-2024 17:30:10 Failed Unable to install backup agent: failed to connect to COMPUTER1 Error: Cannot find package version for component EpAgent package Msi platform X86. 

I can install the agent manually, but that doesn't help either. 

VBR can see the computer in the console and get’s the OS edition (Windows 10 Pro 22H2) and IP address.

Thanks in advance,

Bjorn Dirchsen

The first part of the message indicates it cannot connect to Computer1.  Are you using the correct credentials and can the VBR server resolve (ping) the FQDN of the agent computer you are trying to install on?

Ping is OK.

Name resolution works.

Access to Admin$ fileshare is working

Credentials is working (tested)

Firewall is disabled on endpoint (COMPUTER1)

… 

Ok so every test passes which is good.  Trying to determine what else to check, but even though you use CE edition you can open a support case but it is best effort support.  It might be quicker unless others have ideas.

Ok. I’ll give their support a try then. Thx for the info.

Yeah, I couldn't figure it out myself either using the basic skills :)

Best regards,

Bjorn Dirchsen

Ok. I’ll give their support a try then. Thx for the info.

Yeah, I couldn't figure it out myself either using the basic skills :)

Best regards,

Bjorn Dirchsen

Not a problem.  Keep us posted if you discuss with Support and the resolution so we can mark a best answer for this thread.

Comment