Veeam Data Cloud announced today

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thoughts?

https://www.veeam.com/news/veeam-data-cloud.html

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I really like that Veeam has a offer for BaaS now. A lot of customers will prefer the VBD than use a partner for that.
I hope they add Veeam Backup for AWS in the future too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Mhh, after Cirrus now that, too.

The service providers are practically dead now, aren’t they?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

For right now at least, this is just a rebranding of Cirrus.  However, I suspect we’ll see more to come on this in the more distant future, but for now, it’s more rebranding like Veeam likes to do…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I am sure there will be more backlash from MSPs based on the announcement and somewhat saying we are still relevant but at the end of the list.  More to come I am sure and will be watching this closely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

To be fair, I think Veeam would have to work really hard to alienate the MSP’s/CSP’s right now after the whole Broadcom/VMware debacle.  Broadcom has really set a high bar this year.  With that said, MSP’s/CSP’s may also be more sensitive to this sort of thing as well this year as a result of Broadcom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

To be fair, I think Veeam would have to work really hard to alienate the MSP’s/CSP’s right now after the whole Broadcom/VMware debacle.  Broadcom has really set a high bar this year.  With that said, MSP’s/CSP’s may also be more sensitive to this sort of thing as well this year as a result of Broadcom.

Yeah the trickle down affect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @HangTen416 ! Like my colleagues, I believe this offer was missing from Veeam's portfolio. This new option is very welcome for customers.

And I also agree with the warning message related to the VCSP program, if we look at the VMware-Broadcom VCPP/VSPP.

However, there are still regionalities, and I believe VCSPs will still play an essential role in the ecosystem. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Can we as a partner have a multi-tenant solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FrankIversen My understanding is the VCSP model including licensing via pulse should be expected around May / June

Userlevel 5
Badge

@FrankIversen My understanding is the VCSP model including licensing via pulse should be expected around May / June

Ah, ok, thanks. Hopefully it will be multi-tenant

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just a rebranding of Cirrus. Nothing cirrus to get concerned about (again).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cirrusly 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Cirrusly 🤣

This has become too funny now (definitely going off the rails).  😋😂

Comment