Zero Trust according to Veeam. Make sure to understand and not be led astray

• 27 January 2024
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

As always in the world of $$ money people will stretch meanings and at times outright make false statements. There is no point in going after them time and time again. Instead just make sure to read and understand the guidelines provided by the source. Veeam have created a great white paper on Zero Trust in Data Protection. They have spelled things out to make it easy for everyone to understand. You can read it here: https://www.veeam.com/whitepapers/pragmatic-approach-to-implementing-zero-trust_wp.pdf

At the end of the day the goal is to defeat ransomware. So approaches that don’t follow what Veeam have stated means that you are taking more risk. Be very careful as I have seen advertising using the terminology of Zero Trust but describing something that is doing the exact opposite of Zero Trust. 

Again people can sell what they like, just don’t label something chewing gum if it is in fact asphalt. 

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Bookmarked (the paper) 😏. Thanks again Geoff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This post comes at a good time as I am doing work for security issues with Veeam now to enhance our environment.  Thanks for sharing the paper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great post and very true. With so many buzz words the last few years everyone makes their own versions of them. 

I have saved that document to go over again when I have a clear head. Busy morning lol. 

Comment