Veeam Community Discord Channel

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello All,

I just saw that we have a discord channel. But unfortunately we do not use it actively. I think we can be more active on our discord channel and find quick solutions to each other. We can also actively chat on Discord sometimes. This may help us get to know each other better.

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tarik.yenisey 

I think you have entered the Veeam Community HACKATHON Discord, correct? This discord server has been created for the Hackathon and will be used later this year for the event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah we don’t have a specific community Discord as mentioned my Maurice it was Hackathon related only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There was a Discord that Tim Smith created as an alternate to the Veeam subreddit in case Reddit died out when they started charging for API access, but it’s inactive.  I might also suggest the vcommunity discord - info can be found at https://vcommunity.io/.  Note that none of these are official channels for support or access to Veeam information, etc.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Yes, I know that the current channel is for the event. If you request here, I can create a discord channel worthy of our community. With your support, we can gather many active and external Veeam users and bring this to our community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes, I know that the current channel is for the event. If you request here, I can create a discord channel worthy of our community. With your support, we can gather many active and external Veeam users and bring this to our community.

If I may say so, if that is a big request, I would rather extend the Hackathon one. A lot of people are already in there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there,
Due to we have the Community Hub, is it also worth it to have a Discord Channel?
I would suggest to keep everything here, to not spread / lose content around different platforms, and keep everything more managed in a single source.

I was thinking some time ago, if someone was interested in a Telegram group or Message one for being in personal touch, but not as another community source, sharing more personal stuff instead of tech topics.

cheers.

Luis F.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,
Due to we have the Community Hub, is it also worth it to have a Discord Channel?
I would suggest to keep everything here, to not spread / lose content around different platforms, and keep everything more managed in a single source.

I was thinking some time ago, if someone was interested in a Telegram group or Message one for being in personal touch, but not as another community source, sharing more personal stuff instead of tech topics.

cheers.

Luis F.

I have to agree here with Luis. Why spread things over another medium as we already have everything here in the community.  There has been way too many things spawn lately with certain vendors and advocacy programs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As mentioned, Tim Smith already has a discord channel for Veeam. Not sure we need yet another discord channel. Seems the Veeam community doesn’t flock to Discord as much as reddit or the official Veeam forums.

Perhaps we just need to promote the one that Tim’s already created.

As to an answer on whether the community forums are good enough - there is value in real time communication with the community. Forums cannot provide that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

As mentioned, Tim Smith already has a discord channel for Veeam. Not sure we need yet another discord channel. Seems the Veeam community doesn’t flock to Discord as much as reddit or the official Veeam forums.

Perhaps we just need to promote the one that Tim’s already created.

As to an answer on whether the community forums are good enough - there is value in real time communication with the community. Forums cannot provide that.

Well said, I agree u.  “Perhaps we just need to promote the one that Tim’s already created.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This has been discussed some times in the past. And the decision was against an additional platform, to keep the Community together. Not everyone will to go with another medium so the community might get disconnected. And most users will come here to search information or ask questions, therefore they won't benefit from anything posted somewhere else.

Regarding Reddit, @tsmith made a Survey about Discord and the majority voted against it 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there,

cheers.

Luis F.

I agree! 😊

Comment