This must be payback for all those skipped classes in High School

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

This must be because I skipped so many classes in High School. Now, only a few years later of course :) I am forever training and being examined..

I will do a write up of what I thought of the course afterwards. It has been a long time since I did formal VMware training

Training here I come

20 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It's not that bad as I did ICM and O&S for v7 through Stanly college.  Taking the VCP-DCV exam June 10th. Be interesting what is different with V8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I took that wayyyy back in the v3 days. It was ok cuz at the time I didn't know squat about VMW & little about virtualization. To assist with exam passing purposes it's worthless of course. I'm curious to read your take Geoff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Is that online or in classroom? I have pro and cons about both. Online you can do at your own pace but you can get interrupted, in class you can fall asleep if you get caught on a boring stretch. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I did it online I believe. It was over 12yrs ago, I forgot to be honest 😂 #OldAge 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I took that wayyyy back in the v3 days. It was ok cuz at the time I didn't know squat about VMW & little about virtualization. To assist with exam passing purposes it's worthless of course. I'm curious to read your take Geoff. 

That is what I have heard a lot :( . Study guides will have to do I guess. It will be interesting as I have worked quite a bit on the product (not V8 of course) and had weird spats of training (like NSX, networking is not my thing, but company got freebie “so send Wally” type of thing)  but without the certs I am certain of big holes in knowledge. Anyways, We shall see. They say taking courses and doing exams keeps you young… at least in spirit :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You doing it through Stanly?  I did my VCP6 though them...then VMware got proud and raised class prices and then I think they dropped them again?  I have to take a class again to get to 8 since I never upgraded my v6 cert.  Really should do that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

v3?  Wow….I remember using GSX and then I moved to ESX4 or 4.1…..not sure I even knew there was a v3.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Only reason why I haven't taken a course in so long is cuz I've kept current. Thankfully. Good luck Derek 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yep...there was a 3. It was 3.something. I don't remember. I can look it up on my profile... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Only reason why I haven't taken a course in so long is cuz I've kept current. Thankfully. Good luck Derek 😂

I’m a first class procrastinator.  Thanks ADHD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Ok, I saw I took the v3.5 course 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Wow, btw 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yeah I don’t think I was even born yet when there was a version 3 :) :) 

“You doing it through Stanly? “ to be honest I don’t know my boss paid, wait a minute it is online so VMware site, I guess you meant if in a classroom

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Born?? Come on Geoff...you're as old as me man 😂🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Its a new technique, the power of thought.. I am young, I am young.. Disclaimer I tried this while staring at my online bank balance “you will rise, you will rise” but has not worked quite just yet. “Use the force Geoff”.. I am almost there 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah I don’t think I was even born yet when there was a version 3 :) :) 

“You doing it through Stanly? “ to be honest I don’t know my boss paid, wait a minute it is online so VMware site, I guess you meant if in a classroom

Stanly College is online too. That is how I did mine through them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

That whole mind thing doesn't work when the physical "issues" take over (like hip replacement)...wish it did though 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I've did the ICM for vSphere 4.1 in 2010 I think.  The course was interesting but at that time I knew about 80% of the topics and only did it for the certification. Just like @coolsport00 I didn't let my certificate expire and so it's been the only VMware training for me since then. My first steps were on ESX 3.5 and VMware Server😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh wow...I’m not really sure how I skipped from GSX to 4.x.  Guess we liked it and eventually tried using 4 and liked it but just sorta skipped over 3.x.  Then again, I was doing IT on workstations a lot more at that time and my boss handled the infrastructure stuff.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m taking OS&S for 8 right now… It’s almost the exact same as 7.

Was hoping for more new information but still managed to pick up a few new skills I had forgot about.

Comment