VSPC Usage Report - v2!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I’ve performed a bit of an overhaul on the script I wrote last year. Originally, the script mainly existed in order to give some basic inventory and consumption information. Now, I daresay it is nearly a full-blown consumption report!

Changes/enhancements include:

- Collecting Insider Protection usage metrics

- For customers on SOBRs, separating performance vs. capacity usage

- Collecting M365 consumption information

- Collecting license consumption information (local VBR, VB365, and cloud connect)

- Write to XLSX with pre-generated tables now instead of CSV

- Split the data into multiple tabs (License, BaaS, DRaaS, M365, No Information)

- Collect from multiple VSPC servers

For companies without any billing integrations with VSPC, this makes it relatively easy to compile consumption reports for your billing department each month. Alternatively, you can take the APIs used by this script and write your own automated report or billing integration!

The script also now has a new home! All of my content has been moved into a new repository, located here! You can access this script specifically at this link.

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @JonahMay I go to test after Christmas days.
Merry Christmas !

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @JonahMay I go to test after Christmas days.
Merry Christmas !

Same to you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this one Jonah.  I will add this to my list for testing in the new year.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

😂 my testing list gets longer and longer.

Thank you Jonah, this looks very interesting and useful. 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for sharing Jonah!  I’ll check this out!

Jonah thanks for sharing this script. 

In VSPC v8 is able to add backup job to companies from hosted VBR. 

It is possible to add this funcionality to your script to see this data on report?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

nice!

hi @JonahMay,

Fantastic script, it functions seamlessly—almost. We have a few customers who manage two or more repositories within our VSCP.

However, if a customer possesses more than one repository, it fails to appear in BaaS. Could you offer any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

hi @JonahMay,

Fantastic script, it functions seamlessly—almost. We have a few customers who manage two or more repositories within our VSCP.

However, if a customer possesses more than one repository, it fails to appear in BaaS. Could you offer any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

I don’t think our company does this, so it is probably an oversight I made during coding. Likely the loop from line 426 to line 471 needs to be placed inside another foreach loop. I’d also change the variable on line 424 for $resource to $resources and converting it to an array to ensure everything parses correctly. It would end up looking something like this:

$resources = @()
$resources = (Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $resourceURL -Method GET -Headers $headers[$i]).data

foreach($resource in $resources) {
#lines 426-471 here
}

If you’re able to test this change, confirm it works, and submit and PR, I will merge it into the main branch for everyone to be able to use.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Jonah thanks for sharing this script. 

In VSPC v8 is able to add backup job to companies from hosted VBR. 

It is possible to add this funcionality to your script to see this data on report?  

I haven’t played around with v8 too much yet. What data are you hoping to extract about the jobs?

Comment