Solved

How customize backup job issue - Veeam B&R

Userlevel 1

Dear All,

I have a special technical issue, due to Veeam B&R backup existing schedule setting cannot fill the need requirement, the backup targe include the vSphere and Veeam agent for Windows / Linux.

The backup requirements:
.1 The schedule daily job for Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov backup to NAS A.
.2 After schedule daily job for Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec backup to NAS B.

Existing backup schedule provide the basic daily, weekly and monthly only, how the customize backup schedule for special requirement???

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 15 April 2024, 13:35

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Veeam allows to schedule the jobs as noted here - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_job_schedule_vm.html?ver=120

Do you need to run the job once a month for NAS A and same for NAS B or daily for the month?  You can create two jobs to run then disable one after Jan and have the next run in Feb, etc.

But there is no special schedule per se and you can e even look at GFS to meet the backup needs.

Userlevel 1

@Chris.Childerhose 
Thanks for your feedback, because I want deploy schedule job for monthly in daily backup, without monthly full backup.
For example:
A. Veeam B&R config schedule daily backup job for Jan, backup to NAS A.
B. If End for Jan 31. After switch to another schedule daily backup job for Feb, backup to NAS B.

I want prevent manually enable or disable backup job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Well there is no way to skip months and have Veeam automatically switch repositories for you as that requires manual intervention unfortunately.  You can use GFS for the monthly backup in the job but as I said it will require two jobs and disabling one after Jan for the Feb one to run on NAS B.  There is not auto switching.

Userlevel 1

@Chris.Childerhose 
Ok, I will reference your recommend method, thanks. 

Comment