Solved

failed to connect to veeam no user found

• 24 August 2023
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 5

Hello Veeam Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I recently encountered an issue after migrating our Veeam configuration, and I'm seeking your expertise to resolve it.

Background: We successfully migrated our Veeam Backup and Replication configuration to a new server. However, after the migration, when attempting to open Veeam, we encountered the following error message:

"Failed to connect to Veeam Backup and Replication. Access denied."

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. We double-checked the credentials used during the installation and confirmed they are correct.
  2. We ensured that the required services are running on the new server.
  3. We reviewed the firewall settings to make sure there are no blockages.
  4. We verified that the necessary permissions are assigned to the Veeam service account.
  5. We even attempted a clean uninstall and reinstall of Veeam, but the issue persists.

Current Status: At this point, we are stuck and unable to access Veeam Backup and Replication on the new server.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has insights into what might be causing this problem, we would greatly appreciate your guidance. Our data backup and recovery processes are crucial, and resolving this issue is a top priority.

Your expertise and assistance in resolving this matter would be invaluable to us. Thank you in advance for your help.

Database used : Postgres

icon

Best answer by VEEAM_Legend 24 August 2023, 23:35

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you already open a support case? If not, go ahead. Meanwhile, are you saying you changed the services on the backup server to run under a specific service account? Why not run them as the default local system account?

Just to confirm: You uninstalled, did a fresh clean install and without any changes you are unable to open the console and connect from the backup server itself to itself (localhost)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is the logged in user part of the local administrators group in Windows?  If it is a standard user you can get this until that user is added as an Administrator to the console.

Userlevel 5

@Chris.Childerhose 

thank you for your answer
the logged in user a Local Administrator. with this user i've installed the VEEAM Software

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose

thank you for your answer
the logged in user a Local Administrator. with this user i've installed the VEEAM Software

Ok that user should be able to run the console then without issue or error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

Are you trying to access with the same user that had permissions before the migration? Seen this happen when migrating a Veeam installation from domain joined to workgroup for example.

Userlevel 5

Resolution: After some further investigation, I managed to resolve the problem. I changed the Veeam service to start with the current logged-in user, and this allowed me to log in successfully and adjust the user settings as needed.

Next Steps: I will continue monitoring the situation to ensure that this solution remains effective. If any new issues arise or if there are any updates, I will report back here.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions. It's always great to have this community's expertise to rely on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad to hear you solved the issue. These typically are service/account related.

Comment