HOL - Progress % Not Working

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For anyone that is using the Veeam HOLs - are you having issues with completing sections and then when you click the section complete button it does not update the Progress % to 100%?

I am seeing this, and it is very sporadic when a percentage will go in there.  I have sent them an email but wanted a thread for awareness so people can let them know it is not working correctly.

16 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chan Ekanayake -- tagging you here for visibility but I did email the support email - veeamhol@veeamc.om to report this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I haven’t yet had a chance to get on those yet. Thanks for the heads up though Chris

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not a problem.  Not sure if you still go through them and click the complete button if it registers or not.  We will see.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Chris.Childerhose ! I worked with HOL some time ago but I didn't have this problem. I intend to use it in the next few days, and thank you for letting us know …

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Chris.Childerhose ! I worked with HOL some time ago but I didn't have this problem. I intend to use it in the next few days, and thank you for letting us know …

Did you run your browser in Cognito mode or something and which browser did you use?  I tried three of them - Edge, Chrome and Brave.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Chris.Childerhose ! I worked with HOL some time ago but I didn't have this problem. I intend to use it in the next few days, and thank you for letting us know …

Did you run your browser in Cognito mode or something and which browser did you use?  I tried three of them - Edge, Chrome and Brave.  😂

Hi! I wasnt using Cognito mode and the browser was MS Edge 😁In which HOL are you facing this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi! I wasnt using Cognito mode and the browser was MS Edge 😁In which HOL are you facing this problem?

I had it VONE and DRO as well.  Haven't done any others just yet.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks for flagging Chris. it appears that this is happening in some of the labs in Americas region (assuming that given where you are accessing the lab from, you are being geo tagged as being in Americas and being sent to the Veeam Americas labs). This may also explain why some of the other users like those from EMEA are not seeing this issue as it’s a different set of labs in EMEA.

I am tagging the responsible lab lead in Americas to address this issue.

@kenlu FYI

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  and @Chan Ekanayake! I performed a test with VRO's HOL and some sections appear incomplete, even though I performed all the steps and marked them as "Section Complete!"

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for flagging Chris. it appears that this is happening in some of the labs in Americas region (assuming that given where you are accessing the lab from, you are being geo tagged as being in Americas and being sent to the Veeam Americas labs). This may also explain why some of the other users like those from EMEA are not seeing this issue as it’s a different set of labs in EMEA.

I am tagging the responsible lab lead in Americas to address this issue.

@kenlu FYI

Thanks @Chan Ekanayake as I am in Americas region (Toronto Canada).  Hopefully this gets addressed.

Does this not working affect how the HOLs score points to the community?  Or is that done when you click the complete button?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  and @Chan Ekanayake! I performed a test with VRO's HOL and some sections appear incomplete, even though I performed all the steps and marked them as "Section Complete!"

Thanks for the confirmation, Luiz.  Being in Brazil you would be Americas too.

Badge +1

@Chris.Childerhose - thanks for bringing this to our attention . I’ve been able to replicate the issue internally and opened a case with our provider to investigate. Sorry for any inconvenience; we hope to have this resolved quickly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose - thanks for bringing this to our attention . I’ve been able to replicate the issue internally and opened a case with our provider to investigate. Sorry for any inconvenience; we hope to have this resolved quickly. 

Not a problem at all. Not an inconvenience at all. Just didn't know if not completing them showing would not mark points to the community hub.  Looking forward to the fix and please update us here. Thanks @kenlu 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@kenlu @Chan Ekanayake -- has this been fixed?  Just wanted to follow up to see as I still think the link from the HOLs to Community points is not working and wondered if this was part of the issue.

Badge +1

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  - apologies for the delay here, but yes this issue of the guide progress % not updating has been fixed. As far as how completion of a lab could score community points, this issue wouldn’t have a bearing on that as there is no integration between the two; However, this is a great suggestion that we can look into. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Chris.Childerhose  - apologies for the delay here, but yes this issue of the guide progress % not updating has been fixed. As far as how completion of a lab could score community points, this issue wouldn’t have a bearing on that as there is no integration between the two; However, this is a great suggestion that we can look into. 

Thanks @kenlu for the update.  I thought it was mentioned that the HOLs counted in the Community but maybe I misread that.  I know the Veeam University counts towards points so maybe these can too after you check or submit an enhancement request.

Comment