Question

Would you network over a coffee connect with VeeamON attendees?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Veeam Community,

I'm Daria from Veeam. I'm working behind the scenes to enhance your VeeamON experience and explore new networking opportunities for attendees. 

We're considering introducing a 'Coffee Connect' feature before the event, designed to kickstart networking early. Coffee Connect would allow attendees to sign up for a 15-minute chat with another VeeamON attendee at random.

I would appreciate your input on moving forward with this idea. Please take a poll below and comment your thoughts and if you will definitely use this feature :) 

Thanks for your help,

Best, 

Daria K

Would you participate in Coffee Connect to meet a fellow VeeamON attendee for a coffee chat?

9 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Daria_K  thanks for this initiative ! Just voted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Daria_K -

I think this is a GREAT idea! Just as a frame of reference, in the early days of VMworld (VMware Explore), the VMware Community...on its own, did a similar “meet & greet” at a local pub in a locale wherever VMworld was for the given yr. It was a non-sponsored event, meaning it was simply a ‘come and meet people on your own. If you want food and/or drink, it’s on your own dime’. In the early years, this was understood, but as more & more vendors sponsored events at conferences over the years, this became a bit misunderstood by “new” attendees. 

Anyway, I think this is a great idea. I certainly would not mind meeting other attendees, new or alumn. Let me know if I can help further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Submitted my vote and this would be a fantastic way to connect with other attendees to chat and discuss Veeam.  😎

And if Veeam can purchase a few of my new books on v12 I can sign them too.  😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daria_K 

This is a great initiative and have voted. I won’t be able to attend in person but happy to take part virtually. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It sounds like a good idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sounds like a great way to network, and might make it easier for the more shy among us to “break the ice.”

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Daria_K -

I think this is a GREAT idea! Just as a frame of reference, in the early days of VMworld (VMware Explore), the VMware Community...on its own, did a similar “meet & greet” at a local pub in a locale wherever VMworld was for the given yr. It was a non-sponsored event, meaning it was simply a ‘come and meet people on your own. If you want food and/or drink, it’s on your own dime’. In the early years, this was understood, but as more & more vendors sponsored events at conferences over the years, this became a bit misunderstood by “new” attendees. 

Anyway, I think this is a great idea. I certainly would not mind meeting other attendees, new or alumn. Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks for sharing this! Such gatherings make it much easier for newcomers to integrate into the event. The best takeaway for me has always been new acquaintances, and I’m sure your 'Meet & Greet' sparked many great stories!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks everyone for supporting this idea. I'll do my best to implement it at VeeamON!🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Keep us posted and if need be, we can share on our soc media outlets @Daria_K 

Comment