WASABI S3 Storage - Canadian Region Now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I am not sure how many of you use or have looked in to Wasabi S3 storage that are in Canada but they have now got a region within Toronto that can be used for their storage offerings.  I use this in my homelab to send my Veeam backups to and will now work to migrate from the US-East region to Canada.  Great expansion for Wasabi and offering to Canadians now.

What are the service URLs for Wasabi's different storage regions? – Wasabi Knowledge Base (zendesk.com)

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Fine that they expand and are building new regions 😎👍🏼

I like Wasabi and use it in some environments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah it is great and very well priced compared to most vendors.  I use the Immutable option too so goes from my XFS Immutable repo in SOBR to Wasabi for offload. 😃

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve been using the Central region servers in Plano, TX and have been working great.  I almost used the west region last week but it turns out the datacenter was about 200 miles from the client site, so that was a bit too close for comfort after we realized that.  Would have been great for speeds I suppose, but not so great for redundancy which is kinda the point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Oh, I see at this moment that Wasabi has started one more region…

Frankfurt, Germany.

Fine, then I have a Wasabi region nearby now 😎

I recently run a demo, and the feelings were great!

We don't have any region here in Spain, but the performance was awesome, downloading the backups back to the performance tier almost at 1Gbps (the FTTH line was 1Gbps).

The price and non traffic fees is a plus!

The integration is great, and really easy to use!

Im pushing into my company to get rid of the old fashion Outside Nas”es for the outside backup copy, and hire a Wasabi space to store them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I recently run a demo, and the feelings were great!

We don't have any region here in Spain, but the performance was awesome, downloading the backups back to the performance tier almost at 1Gbps (the FTTH line was 1Gbps).

The price and non traffic fees is a plus!

The integration is great, and really easy to use!

Im pushing into my company to get rid of the old fashion Outside Nas”es for the outside backup copy, and hire a Wasabi space to store them!

Yes very easy to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh, I see at this moment that Wasabi has started one more region…

Frankfurt, Germany.

Fine, then I have a Wasabi region nearby now 😎

I was also surprised to see Frankfurt; didn’t get that news.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did a quick compare of the monthly costs between AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Ionos (a german provider) and Wasabi today.

Wasabi is by far the cheapest provider. And I think the quality is not bad...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did a quick compare of the monthly costs between AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, Ionos (a german provider) and Wasabi today.

Yeah they are much cheaper for sure and even for egress costs, etc. too.  I use them for my homelab to send Immutable data to from Veeam. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah they are much cheaper for sure and even for egress costs, etc. too.  I use them for my homelab to send Immutable data to from Veeam. 😎

For your homelab only? Or do you use it for productive enviroments, too?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

For your homelab only? Or do you use it for productive enviroments, too?

Homelab only as where I work we provide object storage services using a variety of solutions. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The price is really attractive and, especially together with Veeam, I haven’t read anything bad about Wasabi. You just have to keep in mind that they store all objects for at least 90 days, so the total used capacity could be higher.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The price is really attractive and, especially together with Veeam, I haven’t read anything bad about Wasabi. You just have to keep in mind that they store all objects for at least 90 days, so the total used capacity could be higher.

Ok… I have missed the 90 day minimum store time. 😎

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Also, minimum monthly charge is associated with 1TB of storage. So if using less that 1TB a month, the minimum price still applies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Also, minimum monthly charge is associated with 1TB of storage. So if using less that 1TB a month, the minimum price still applies. 

OK, 5,99$ is affordable 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

OK, 5,99$ is affordable 😁

It is indeed especially for hot enterprise class storage

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I know for the amount of data I send there I pay less than $10 per month for the storage.  Even if that goes up it is not much difference due to their pricing. 😃

Comment