Question

Warning: Nothing to Process (RMAN Backup)!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi All,

I know that his topic has been discussed before in the community but I tried all what mentioned on those topics but it did not work.

I checked that Veeam Agent for Linux is installed also the Oracle Plugin installed too but when I do application backup (RMAN) via the VBR console I’ve got the warning “Nothing to process”

It is also added to managed Linux and added to Protection Group

From Oracle Linux all the required packages and component are installed also I removed it and uninstall the agent and plugin and reinstall it and re scan it many times and got the same thing.

Is there a missing thing ? 

Thanks in advanced for your  help and support

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Mahmood.Alganadi -

I think I’m kind of out of ideas. On the Backup server, you can look at the Job log in:
C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\<job-name-folder\Job.<job-name>.log file. Review it to see if anything is shown in there. Also, verify if your credentials in your Job are valid to connect to your DB server.

The only other suggestion I have is to get ahold of Veeam Support. I mean, maybe someone else here has an idea to assist you, but keep in mind this is a Community site to engage with others. And, when follks post asking for assistance with things, we do try our best to assist, but we are not Support. Support has way more tools to help resolve issues customers encounter.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @coolsport00 ,
First for your always quick response. I already opened a support case and still waiting for support response regarding that. But as always I believe in this community as they have lot of Veeam experts that share their experience in most of Veeam areas. So that’s why I am always take community in consideration and to know maybe someone faced it from the members to share how he\she solved it.

I am trying to get something from the log and if I figured it out I will update you all here.

Thanks bro for your always cooperation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No worries. 😊

And, in relooking at your warning msg, that message is pretty explicit. Your job didn't have anything to process. Make sure you have all the required settings in your job configured to back up what you are intending to.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Yes, it shows that there is nothing to backup while the job is configured correctly that’s why it is weird !

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Mahmood.Alganadi ia a RAC Oracle configuration? 

And another question. When you configure the databases as account have you used a GuestOS user with right permission?

Last week I had same issue and I solved with a correct user.

Let us know your check.

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Andanet , 

No it is not a RAC Oracle it is a standalone database server.. and yes the user have SYS DB permission with elevated permission. But the different that I’ve got from your screenshot that it’s not showing as database mine appears like Linux Machine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Andanet , 

No it is not a RAC Oracle it is a standalone database server.. and yes the user have SYS DB permission with elevated permission. But the different that I’ve got from your screenshot that it’s not showing as database mine appears like Linux Machine.

Local user need oinstall permission too. Can you try with oracle user and check if DB appear? If yes you need to verify user permissions 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Andanet , 
Yes I am using oracle user and I checked the permissions based on Help Centre and still can not find the database. I am still digging and also waiting for support to investigate on this issue.

Thanks for your cooperation and if you or any one in the community has any idea on this matter share it with me here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please can you share your configuration for RMAN plugin backup job particularly Database processing step? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Mmmm as you can see there is a difference from your screen and my image. this is the server not the database. When you click on add is possible to explore server database?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

No, I can’t find any database when change the filter to database only server is appeared, I watch a video on youtube (non english) and what makes me confused that he chose server too that’s why when I saw yours is different than mine and what shown in video tutorial.

this is the video link : 

So am not sure what is wrong in my case still waiting for support to figure it out.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Mahmood.Alganadi -

I didn’t watch the video, but reviewed the Enterprise App Plug-in Guide for RMAN. Can you try and follow the steps in the Guide to create your Policy , starting with potential limitations, then on to DBs, to make sure you’re able to backup the system you have, and see if something in there triggers you to see maybe where you might have missed something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mahmood.Alganadi…. yesterday I notice a new Oracle VM backupped with agent have identical issue. 

This morning we have solved with Oracle DBA. You need to add the instance name in oratab file. 

Run an agent rescan and at the end you can be able to add the database instead the server name. 

Please let me know if you solve.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice to hear you resolved it on your end @Andanet 🙌🏻

Comment