VMware Odyssey | Online Challenge by Hands-on Labs (only today)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just a quick info for the community, as the deadline is today at 08:00PM/20:00 PT.

VMware is doing a challenge on their Hands-On Lab Plattform via VMware Odyssey. There are 4 different labs which prepare participants for the VCP DCV (Datacenter Virtualization Professional) exam. In each lab one can collect points and the top 10 receive a price.

At the moment there are less then 10 people in the leaderboard, which means, if I get it right, chances are high to win a prize 😉

VMware Hands-on Labs Request

25 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Good Luck @regnor 

Wish I had time to do these. Currently snowed under 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dips We have an advantage with the timezone as it’s 20:00 PT, which should be 04:00AM in UK? 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...same here; had time yesterday, but today?...not so much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Going to try this might help for my VCP-DCV v8.  Thanks for sharing 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, I tried at least 1 HoL Challenge & didn’t do so well. The Lab UI is a bit clunky to get the full view; otherwise I would’ve done well’ish 🤷🏻‍♂️😊 I knew what to do..pretty easy. Manipulating through the UI gave me fits is all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hmm...labs won’t open for me...just got to a loading screen and then back to the main page.  But I had an issue logging on initially so maybe I just need to try an incognito window….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Well, I tried at least 1 HoL Challenge & didn’t do so well. The Lab UI is a bit clunky to get the full view; otherwise I would’ve done well’ish 🤷🏻‍♂️😊 I knew what to do..pretty easy. Manipulating through the UI gave me fits is all.

If you never did a HOL, then it doesn’t hurt to do the practise lab or something different. Just to get used to the small details. On the other hand I’ve missed the US keyboard layout and got confused in the first task 🤣

Hmm...labs won’t open for me...just got to a loading screen and then back to the main page.  But I had an issue logging on initially so maybe I just need to try an incognito window….

I had the same issue but after reloading the page it started to work again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well...I took & passed the DCV already, so I’m good. I was looking to get a prize! 🤣

Good luck to you all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow...hard to beat Max.  I’m just happy I remember how to do anything with virtual distributed switches since I haven’t touched them in over 6 years, and I’m pretty sure that was on 6.5 or 6.7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you never did a HOL, then it doesn’t hurt to do the practise lab or something different. Just to get used to the small details. On the other hand I’ve missed the US keyboard layout and got confused in the first task 🤣

I had the same issue but after reloading the page it started to work again.

Yeah, maybe just reloading would have helped, but worked great in a new incognito window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It is kind clunky but you get used to it.  The other issue is that some windows don’t fit so I had to zoom Chrome out a bit to see buttons and the like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dloseke Well, you’re score is also great and not far behind of mine 👏The vDS are also a weak topic for myself; especially after all those changes in the vSphere clients I can’t find any settings anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I find it funny I got emailed today from VMW saying I won a prize for playing. I didn’t even score well, nor did I do the other modules/HoLs. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I find it funny I got emailed today from VMW saying I won a prize for playing. I didn’t even score well, nor did I do the other modules/HoLs. 🤔

Congratulations! By the way, what was the prize you won?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

They didn't share which one I won 😕

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Congratulations @coolsport00, probably it’s going to be a surprise gift? 😅

I was lucky and made it to the second place 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sweet! Well done Max!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Awesome job Max.  I too got an email about winning a prize with no information about what it was.  That said, they are using it a lot for social media because while they asked for an address to ship the prize, they also asked for social media accounts to take in, and requested that we take a picture with our prize and tag them on our social media as well so that they can use it for their marketing also.  I mean...I don’t mind doing that for a free gift.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Prizes/Swag acquired!  Just arrived today...curious to see if everyone got the same thing or if prizes varied based on scoring!

VMware Odyssey Online Challenge by Hands-on Labs Prizes

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Very cool looking swag for sure. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Got mine today too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Nice swag @dloseke! Mine got delayed by our customs, so I'm still waiting 😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +8