VMCE VMCA Study Group coming soon at a Veeam Hub near you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Everyone,

Just an update. The Study group is coming soon! Don’t be tempted to buy any practice exams 😁! 

Again the study group won’t provide any answers, it will do much better, it will provide the means to get to the answers. Those same means and methods can then be used in real life production situations to solve problems. At the end of the day that is what we all want apart from the shinny certificate!

35 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Looking forward to it. The VMCA is the next exam on my list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great news I need to renew both of mine for our propartner status this year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What?...you mean the “shiney certficate” is not the goal?? 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is great to hear and looking forward to this.  Going to be scheduling my VMCA for February so hopefully the group gets going in time for me to study beforehand.  😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, the VMCA has been updated then too? Hmm...may look to get that updated before the end of the yr then...maybe 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It was updated end of last year when I booked my VMCE one and could have taken it then but wanted to wait.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Gotcha. I missed that. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I actually heard someone at a job interview say “it is only the certificate that manners, not the knowledge”. I could never figure out whether the person had a Titanic personality or simple were being forced to go to the interview and did not want the job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m in.  I need to take my VMCE yet, and do need it for VCSP ProPartner status as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This is great news! I’ve been planning to add a VMCA to my utility belt so this will be helpful

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Awesome, need to sit my VMCE so will be good to be involved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I actually heard someone at a job interview say “it is only the certificate that manners, not the knowledge”. I could never figure out whether the person had a Titanic personality or simple were being forced to go to the interview and did not want the job.

👀 “it is only the certificate that manners, not the knowledge” … my God!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Looking forward to join the group.

Maybe I will be one of a the few, that does not have a shiny certificate in advance, but it sure sounds pretty. So I want one of those…

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m late to the party, but I’d be keen to join, Study groups are great! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, i hope there will be updates and final start soon. thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’ll do my best to attend. I still need to write it, but my work load has been so high I have not had time to study. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ll do my best to attend. I still need to write it, but my work load has been so high I have not had time to study. 

My workload has been that way lately too, but it is all Veeam so should help with the VMCA next month.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

My workload has been that way lately too, but it is all Veeam so should help with the VMCA next month.  😁

My work as basically pre-approved as much OT as I need due to our workload. While I like money and banked time,  I also like relaxing and turning my brain off from time to time.  I get to hire someone which long term will pay off, but this also digs into my time with testing/interviews, and then training. haha.  

I think writing those books is also a guarantee that most of that knowledge is burnt into your brain forever!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

My work as basically pre-approved as much OT as I need due to our workload. While I like money and banked time,  I also like relaxing and turning my brain off from time to time.  I get to hire someone which long term will pay off, but this also digs into my time with testing/interviews, and then training. haha.  

I think writing those books is also a guarantee that most of that knowledge is burnt into your brain forever!

Yeah, writing those books helps too and I even use them as a resource for study if you can believe it.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

While I like money and banked time,  I also like relaxing and turning my brain off from time to time.  I

This is probably the reason I didn’t sit for the exam the first time I went through the VMCE course.  I try to separate work from home-life as much as possible, but maybe a bit too much at times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“I think writing those books is also a guarantee that most of that knowledge is burnt into your brain forever!” ..hahaha..I bet that’s true for Chris, Scott! 😂

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, another half month has passed..there is any news on this study group?

Just to know if this project is alive yet. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, another half month has passed..there is any news on this study group?

Just to know if this project is alive yet. Thanks

Nothing as yet. I'm getting ready to schedule VMCA for early March so hopefully it will pick up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hey Everyone, Yes it is! expect and announcement real soon and a surprise too 😀!

We are almost there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice! Glad to hear :)

Comment