Solved

VMCE v12 x VMCE 2021

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hello veeam community!

As we know, the VMCE v12 is comming soom and with that a new exam with new topics including building backup capabilities, restoring from backup and advanced repository functionalities, etc are coming too.

But at this moment my questions is about VMCE 2021.

Do you know how long we can still book the exam VMCE 2021?

Do you think it's still worth trying to pass VMCE 2021 or its better wait for v12 exam?

icon

Best answer by Federica 28 September 2023, 10:55

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Don’t quote me on this, but I would guess the new exam will be out by end of year? There is pilot training going on next month for v12 (I’m a part of it). So, the best answer is “it’s up to you”. 😊 If you need the cert because you’re an MSP/VAR/etc...then you should take the current (2021) one. Or, if you really just want the cert..take it now. If you can wait, I recommend waiting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The VMCE is still based on v11 and if you pass it you get the VMCE 2023 badge as it is year specific.

Maybe @haslund @Federica can answer more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

In my opinion it depends. On the one hand who is paying? :) If you are then go with V12. If the company then why not, the more practice the better.

However, there is a caveat. At VeeamON while doing the HOL and during the quiz I stumbled upon somethings that were one way for Veeam 11 but different for Veeam 12. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the exact areas but I recall thinking.. wow that would be a killer question on the exam if I was only relying on my Veeam 11 knowledge. 

I did the VMCE 2020 then the VMCE 2021 because I got vouchers and while they were different there was nothing that I thought was wrong on one but right on the other. When it comes to Veeam 12 I am not quite so sure. So in that case maybe better to prepare for V12. I am really hoping that @haslund gets his Exam questions and Videos out soon 😀, they tend to be a life saver for me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey
The VMCE 2021 exam is being retired. The last day to register for the VMCE v11 (2021) exam will be December 27, 2023. The VMCE v12 exam will become available on October 1, 2023.

I just passed the VMCE2021 this Monday 😄, if you have already follow the classroom for the VMCE2021 you have to passed the certification assossiated. After that you could pass the VMCE v12 without to do the formation.

If you are not in the rush you could wait for the V12 formation, the pilot should start soon, some  Legend/Vanguard are part of it, they will probably give us some feedbacks.

Advice, if you have to pass the VMCE2021 and you are already used v12, be careful of the difference between the two versions ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello veeam community!

As we know, the VMCE v12 is comming soom and with that a new exam with new topics including building backup capabilities, restoring from backup and advanced repository functionalities, etc are coming too.

But at this moment my questions is about VMCE 2021.

Do you know how long we can still book the exam VMCE 2021?

Do you think it's still worth trying to pass VMCE 2021 or its better wait for v12 exam?

Hey there! VMCE v12 training has been available since September 1st and the exam will be public available in few days (October 1st). You can take the exam for v11 and v12 until end of the year, after that date, v11 will be retired and you will not have any possibility to sit in the v11 exam. Passing v11 or v12 exam is your choice, if you are eligible, my suggestion would be to attend the v12 course first, if you want to attend the v12 exam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

My vote is take the exam while you’re qualified for it of you’ve taken the class for v11.  I took the VMCE training for v10 and never got around to doing the exam until I did finally try to schedule it - after that exam was retired.  The training isn’t cheap, and I wouldn’t want it to go to waste.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Waiting for the VMCE v12 pilot course..I’ll let you know! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Same here. Cannot wait and then take v12 VMCE. 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good news! I got enroll on this too… 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’ll shoot for m V12 after the course. 

Personally I’ve never seen benefit it taking an older course if there is a new one available.  The only reason would be if it’s already paid for, or you have taken training specific to an exam and want to get it out of the way.

Technology changes so fast, if you are several versions back it’s outdated. 

With that said, If I needed to hire someone with a VCP,  If you have 6.5, 7.0 , 8 it really doesn’t matter to me, clearly you did VMware training at some point and know the material. At the same time, If you have your MCSE from 2001, I don’t think I’d trust that as much as a more recent one. 

Comment