VMCE Study group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if people would be interested in creating a VMCE study group. I will be honest this time around I am a bit terrified of this exam. For one thing the last number of years my study focus has been on something else (I wonder what that is), I am naturally not great at these things just work double in order to try and be included in with the real smart folks 😃, plus the amount of changes in V12 will prevent me from winging it on previously acquired knowledge in older VMCEs and work experience.

Obviously this would not be a “dump” zone or “point you to the answer from the test” cheating location, but instead a group creating questions, helping to understand fuzzy issues and most importantly giving support to people like me who have been petrified of exams/tests ever since kindergarten🤣. 

I led a CKA group study over on Kodekloud for a few Months and it was a lot of fun. We had bi-weekly calls (could have been Monthly to be honest) and some of the study techniques I learned from people were things I would have never guessed. One fellow from India gave us really interesting insights on our breathing techniques during tests that I was pretty impressed by. If you hit  a few tough questions in a row your breathing can speed up which in turn adds to your anxiety which triggers fight or flight… the results are often making simple mistakes due to lack of calm concentration. 

At the end of the day we are all human, some of us are naturally better at math, some at poetry BUT we all have the ability with the right guidance and training to become wizards in any area we choose.

Maybe even @safiya could create a VMCE Study group badge 😍. 

I hope I am not rocking the VCME boat here too much :) . Maybe we can have a silent vote.

Would you be interested in joining a VMCE Study group?

63 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are there any news about this study group?

Getting close!

Hi all, I saw this thread and was curious about the study group. Does anyone know if this will be a Discord Server? It would be of massive help since i’m starting to study for VMCE. Hope it comes out very soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @JRodz -

It's going to be starting "soon". No, it won't be on Discord but a new group here on the Hub. Hope you'll join when it starts up. 

Hi @JRodz -

It's going to be starting "soon". No, it won't be on Discord but a new group here on the Hub. Hope you'll join when it starts up. 

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to it!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Not sure if it is worthwhile starting a new topic but… VMCE training… Do I have to follow an online/in person 3 day VMCE class before scheduling an exam? Or are there self-study options available and I can just schedule an exam when ready?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not sure if it is worthwhile starting a new topic but… VMCE training… Do I have to follow an online/in person 3 day VMCE class before scheduling an exam? Or are there self-study options available and I can just schedule an exam when ready?

If you are new then you need to take the class before exam.  They will not let you sit the exam with self-study.  You can do that and take the exam but until you do a course you are technically not certified.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I did do a class years ago… 2019… before VeeamOn in Miami… but just never did the exam. Do you think that counts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I did do a class years ago… 2019… before VeeamOn in Miami… but just never did the exam. Do you think that counts? 

I would check with them but my guess would be no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This would not count...no...because you didn't take the exam to get certified. If you did get certified and have kept up your cert since then, you'd be good. So, you'll need to redo the Course to be certified by Veeam. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ah, thanks @coolsport00 and @Chris.Childerhose. I will put getting the V12 VMCE on the back burner! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ah, thanks @coolsport00 and @Chris.Childerhose. I will put getting the V12 VMCE on the back burner! 

Not a problem.  Always here to help and assist.😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ah, thanks @coolsport00 and @Chris.Childerhose. I will put getting the V12 VMCE on the back burner! 

Not a problem.  Always here to help and assist.😁

Indeed...what Chris said 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Community Hub VMCE Study Hall group is now ready for use! Click the link below to register and interact!

https://community.veeam.com/groups/vmce-study-hall-134

Comment