Skip to main content

Is the updated installable ISO available yet for the VHR?

Good teaser! 😁

In addition to what @HannesK says I will leak it here that the *very first* session that we accepted for VeeamON 2024 is about the update in this space. I will say no more!

Stop teasing Rick and just dish.  🤣😋

@Rick Vanover   Since you teased VeeamON, I guess it means that it hasn’t been several months and it’s not available yet?  I ask because I’m getting ready to deploy (as in probably tonight) my own first VHR from scratch and was hoping for the ISO to be available….

Hey Derek - I think really until the next milestone, the “by hand Linux” VHR is the way to go for now. I’ve done it several times and getting better at it :)

If you have some sticky trap of other, hit me up on email or DM with the 411.

Hey Derek - I think really until the next milestone, the “by hand Linux” VHR is the way to go for now. I’ve done it several times and getting better at it :)

If you have some sticky trap of other, hit me up on email or DM with the 411.

Sounds great….I’ll get my OS loaded.  Aside from that, I really need to focus on the ticket I have open for having issued deploying linux CDP Proxy’s.  That one’s a head scratcher….

the earliest time for a new ISO is several months in future. 

The old ISO was built to get feedback and it makes no sense anymore to use it because of the changes that are needed. We are working to incorporate the feedback we got. 

@HannesK ,
Thank you for the clarification, let us know the update after the VeeamON 24 has concluded.

@vAdmin 

You can watch the recording of Hannes session to get all the news: https://www.veeam.com/veeamon/

The recording is available till mid of July.

Best,

Fabian

@vAdmin

You can watch the recording of Hannes session to get all the news: https://www.veeam.com/veeamon/

The recording is available till mid of July.

Best,

Fabian

Recommend watching the session lots of goodness coming for the new ISO.  😎

I’m currently checking with the event team. The uploaded recording for the hardened repository is not the right one. I will update this topic when the right recording is uploaded. :)

Best,

Fabian

That’s great, thank you @Mildur and @Chris.Childerhose ,
can’t wait for the release as well.

That’s great, thank you @Mildur and @Chris.Childerhose ,
can’t wait for the release as well.

Yeah need to test out FC myself when available.  Should be a much better release from what I saw at VeeamON.

I’m currently checking with the event team. The uploaded recording for the hardened repository is not the right one. I will update this topic when the right recording is uploaded. :)

Best,

Fabian

Yes, the title is Veeam Hardened Repository ISO: What's New

however, the speaker is Dustin Albertson.

Recording is fixed.

Best,

Fabian

Recording is fixed.

Best,

Fabian

Woohoo.  Time to watch that one again to catch things I may have missed.  😋

Any ETA for the new ISO? 

Ubuntu 24 now supported …

I hope iso will not be for 22

The ISO is going to be Rocky Linux not Ubuntu anymore.  That is what was shown at VeeamON.

The ISO is going to be Rocky Linux not Ubuntu anymore.  That is what was shown at VeeamON.

Thanks for this detail I totally ignored :)

Thanks for this detail I totally ignored :)

Not a problem.  I am anxious myself to get the ISO to test it as I need to ensure FC works. 😋

Same here...I have a server sitting and waiting for the ISO….at some point I’m going to break down and load Ubuntu on it, but I’ve been very busy and for the time being, I wait.  I do also like the idea of sticking with Ubuntu myself since that’s what I’m using for my proxy servers, etc.  And as usual, the ISO will be ready when it’s ready...and not a moment before.  :-)

Same here...I have a server sitting and waiting for the ISO….at some point I’m going to break down and load Ubuntu on it, but I’ve been very busy and for the time being, I wait.  I do also like the idea of sticking with Ubuntu myself since that’s what I’m using for my proxy servers, etc.  And as usual, the ISO will be ready when it’s ready...and not a moment before.  :-)

If the Rocky ISO works well I might switch our other Proxies/Repos to Rocky from Ubuntu as well to be honest.  Seems like a much easier option and for 10 years support hopefully I will be retired by then.  LOL 🤣

If the Rocky ISO works well I might switch our other Proxies/Repos to Rocky from Ubuntu as well to be honest.  Seems like a much easier option and for 10 years support hopefully I will be retired by then.  LOL 🤣

I guess I’m not opposed to switching to Rocky as well...just don’t know it all that well.  Both can now use Stig’s though I’ve not tried it yet...otherwise I’d be looking at Rocky a lot harder.  Not everyone can have the retirement plan though….I’m still 20ish years away so I can’t probably ride it out that long...lol

Hello,
we just released a public preview https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/hardened-repository-iso-managed-by-veeam-t95750.html

Best regards,
Hannes

Great to see the public preview released and hopefully there is some great feedback.  I will posting my feedback here too.

Comment