Solved

VHR iso availability

Userlevel 2

Is the updated installable ISO available yet for the VHR?

icon

Best answer by HannesK 8 February 2024, 10:11

View original

30 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @metrobg,
you mean updsted for V12.1?

As far as I knoe there is no new ISO up to now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Unless sometihng has occurred behind the scenes..as @JMeixner mentions...not as of yet @metrobg .

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Currently just the one from the previous thread is available.  They are working on a new one but no details as of yet.

All-Demo Session & Installable ISO for Veeam Hardened Repository | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

As Chris mentioned, a new version is in the works. Depending on approval of DISA-STIG for a more recent Ubuntu release. Also some tweaks glitches and bugs need to be ironed out. (eg. the following case:)

Maybe @HannesK could give us a timeframe ?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,
unfortunately I don’t have a time frame right now. Some non-technical challenges came up to get the ISO officially supported. I’m working on finding solutions, but right now it’s hard to predict where it goes. 

We removed the old ISO, because the new ISO would not be on Ubuntu 20.04 and I don’t want people to waste time on reporting issues on something that won’t be used in future.

Best regards,
Hannes

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello,
unfortunately I don’t have a time frame right now. Some non-technical challenges came up to get the ISO officially supported. I’m working on finding solutions, but right now it’s hard to predict where it goes. 

We removed the old ISO, because the new ISO would not be on Ubuntu 20.04 and I don’t want people to waste time on reporting issues on something that won’t be used in future.

Best regards,
Hannes

Are we still good to use the older 22.04 ISO still?  It can be updated to 22.04 as well on first boot up when you are able to.  Hopefully you can overcome the challenges to get it supported and a newer one. 😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

sure, nothing is wrong with Ubuntu 20.04

Userlevel 2

Can anyone point me to the 20.04 iso as the links that I’m finding are all disabled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Can anyone point me to the 20.04 iso as the links that I’m finding are all disabled?

They disabled them until a new ISO is created to work with 12.1.  Not sure if anyone has a public link available.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,
please see my comment above… there is no link available until we release a new ISO :-)

Thanks for your understanding,
Hannes

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@HannesK Could we expected the VHR ISO availibity on RHEL 8/9 with V12.1 as well? 🤠

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@HannesK Could we expected the VHR ISO availibity on RHEL 8/9 with V12.1 as well? 🤠

This would definitely be a nice option along with Ubuntu 22.04 or newer.  😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

it would be one ISO and no choice for the customer which OS. Customers who want to select the OS, can continue without ISO. It’s an appliance - customers don’t need to worry about the OS :-)

The ISO requires a version after 12.1 because 12.1 requires SSH for the initial connection. The ISO won’t have SSH.

Userlevel 2

When can we get the ISO file for Installable ISO for Veeam Hardened Repository Ver 12.1?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @George 

We moved your topic. Please see HannesK comment on the ISO availability.

Best,

Fabian

@Chris.Childerhose @coolsport00 

I apologize. Somehow your comments from the original topic didn‘t made the move process :(

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

All good Fabian. Hope you're well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not a problem at all Fabian.

I have the link of the ISO saved but the password (VeeamVHRISO24May) that was provided in the original video is not working

can i have the updated password so i can download the old ISO

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have the link of the ISO saved but the password (VeeamVHRISO24May) that was provided in the original video is not working

Unless someone saved the passwords for each iteration not sure you will get it.  I am pretty sure there was a password after that one you used for June IIRC.  I don’t have it saved myself.  😔

If you run in to trouble and really need the ISO - I have copies saved.  DM me.

Unless someone saved the passwords for each iteration not sure you will get it.  I am pretty sure there was a password after that one you used for June IIRC.  I don’t have it saved myself.  😔

If you run in to trouble and really need the ISO - I have copies saved.  DM me.

Thank you i did

Badge

I have someone asking in comments on my blog post (https://www.vladan.fr/what-is-veeam-vhr-and-how-to-quickly-install-and-create-hardened-repository/ ), to get a copy of the ISO. I do hope we’ll get some update on this soon. 

And btw, does anyone know why @Rick Vanover closed the comments of the thread ? -:) … 👹

-:).

++

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

the earliest time for a new ISO is several months in future. 

The old ISO was built to get feedback and it makes no sense anymore to use it because of the changes that are needed. We are working to incorporate the feedback we got. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That makes sense Hannes.  Looking forward to the new version when available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That makes sense Hannes.  Looking forward to the new version when available.

Same..appreciate the info Hannes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In addition to what @HannesK says I will leak it here that the *very first* session that we accepted for VeeamON 2024 is about the update in this space. I will say no more!

Comment