Skip to main content

VeeamVssHwSnapshotProviderSvc.msi with VeeamVssProviderSvc does not work on Win10.

Hi all,

During the upgrade to V12 for several of our customers we received an error where we couldn’t upgrade all the components.

VeeamVssHwSnapshotProviderSvc.msi with Veeam VSS Hardware Provider Service (VeeamVssProviderSvc) service inside does not work on client Windows 10

A short workaround on this:

Connect to the database and perform the following statement (of course, take a backup of your database first!)

delete from odbo].oHostComponents] where id = '8A3F9C13-90F3-4B1C-A2A7-C82E6AB66E0F'

It seems that not all Windows 10 installations are facing this problem. We’ll try to figure out of certain builds are involved in this. On the other hand, a fresh v12 install in Win10 works without any problems.

Interesting issue and fix.  Thanks for sharing.

thanks for the info, it will definitely help as knowledge base.
now time to investigate why it happens.

thanks.

Hi all,

I had the same issue on Windows 11 23H2, while upgrading from VBR V12.0 to V12.2.
I checked the [dbo].[HostComponents] table and found a row with the version field containing 0.0 and not updated.
I removed that row and the upgrade worked fine.

This is that row:

id=d8d58a95-2ffd-45a4-8378-653154da8171
physical_host_id=d7c4ff97-b99b-4d1f-884d-283b7b6b9ee3
type=21
version=0.0
options=VssHwSnapshotProviderClientOptions><MgmtPort>6211</MgmtPort></VssHwSnapshotProviderClientOptions>
usn=88652077
is_up_to_date=[]
package_type=0

Thanks for this info. I have also informed my colleagues about it, maybe some of their customers are on Win10/11 with VBR. 
@fabiodna glad you solved your issue from yesterday also with this 😉

Hello,

I am new and need your help.
I connect to the database with pgadminV4.
Then I open a SQL query tool for the database.
I enter the command but only get a syntax error.
What am I doing wrong?

I’m not sure, but i think Kristoff gave the MSSQL syntax, you are using PGSQL.
You can also create a support ticket for this.

Ok thank you very much

please, someone, post db statement for postgress; I have win10 and getting “minimum requirements not met” error

@dalius 

I’m using pgadmin.

Get your rows:

SELECT *
  FROM HostComponents

and to delete:

DELETE FROM public.hostcomponents
    WHERE id IN
        ('bd2a308d-c039-4005-bcd7-dddd1c81f7f9');

Do not use the SQL queries in this thread.

Use the solution here please:

Queries are incorrect as the UUIDs (unique id’s) are unique to each installation. Other thread has a script to fix this. Never run queries against the DB unless instructed to by Veeam Support or a Veeam KB article.

Comment