VeeamON 2022 Community Hub Discussion Board

Show first post

97 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

A recap for session “Veeam Backup & Replication v12: What's new and introduction” : 

Cloud Acceleration :

• Direct to Object Storage
  • App-consistent cloud backup
  • Cloud-native deployment
  • Reliable, low RPO DRaaS

Cyber Resiliency :

• Immutability everywhere
  • Faster ransomware response
  • Stop cyberthreats at the door (MFA)

Optimized Efficiency :

• Simplify protection management
  • Scale and optimize backups
  • Delight your DBA
  • Easy enterprise app recovery

Don’t forget the NAS and Tape enhancements...😎

Yeah @JMeixner : you’re totally right 😉

NAS : direct to object storage, directly to tape and instant recovery for shares

Tape : will follow now this session 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

A recap for session “Veeam Backup & Replication v12: What's new and introduction” : 

Good summary!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Bad news with tape: File to Tape is now licensed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good news with File to Tape Backup: Backup files are excluded from licensing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That’s indeed bad news for several customers backing up there NAS shares using file to tape...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Cool new feature in Tape-support in v12 too:

now it is not that simple to see what job operates which tape drive.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow - session for SPs is amazing. Anyone attending VeeamON should attend if you are an SP. Highly recommended. Lots of amazing new v12 stuff coming for SPs!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That’s indeed bad news for several customers backing up there NAS shares using file to tape...

But at least its much better, than before ...

Yes, the performance increase is huge with V12. So, this will be very good.

Ok, the licensing is not so good, but Veeam Backup files do not count for the licensed data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So far many interesting sessions, although I wasn't able to attend to all of them. Will need much more time to go through everything after VeeamON, especially after all the other content has been uploaded.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The new VeeamOne interface looks really nice. 

Cannot wait to try it out in the lab.

ME TOO!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The new VeeamOne interface looks really nice. 

Cannot wait to try it out in the lab.

Nice, which session shows this?

@vNote42 

VeeamOne v12 Preview :-)

It will be streamed again today 20:15 CEST.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

SOBR rebalance!!! It is here!!

Yes, VeeaMover rules!

I miss this. Which sessions was it?

Must be an In-Person Session.

Not all V12 Sessions are virtual.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi does anyone knows where you can find Veeam BR 12 beta?

Hey De Cock - to get the V12 Beta; please check with your account team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

SOBR rebalance!!! It is here!!

Yes, VeeaMover rules!

I miss this. Which sessions was it?

Ah so VeeaMover is in core architecture 1 or core architecture 2; which are in the in-person sessions which will be in the virtual platform in 2 weeks or so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Nice new Protection Calendar in Veeam ONE v12!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Nice new Protection Calendar in Veeam ONE v12!

Loving the new VONE interface and seeing it live.

nice new protection calendar, i hope it will be possible to generate a report/extract automatically from this or expose it with Grafana

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not a lot on Day 1 virtually. The LabWarz was brilliant. Looking forward to Day 2 which should be really interesting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Day 1 - great first day not too much action. Registered and then visited Tech Town and the Expo Hall.  Tech Town was great as it had HOLs and LabWarz along with being able to get swag if you are VMCE or VMCA.  Expo hall was great all vendors and swag shop along with some cute dogs. Tomorrow gets in to the real heavy duty sessions so looking forward to it.  Until tomorrow.

Is tech town only for in-person, right?

I’m online for day 2, will be epic!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Day 1 - great first day not too much action. Registered and then visited Tech Town and the Expo Hall.  Tech Town was great as it had HOLs and LabWarz along with being able to get swag if you are VMCE or VMCA.  Expo hall was great all vendors and swag shop along with some cute dogs. Tomorrow gets in to the real heavy duty sessions so looking forward to it.  Until tomorrow.

Is tech town only for in-person, right?

I’m online for day 2, will be epic!

Yes, I think so. I wasn’t able to see it Virtually

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi All,

When will be there recordings available from VeeamON 2022.
Living in the EMEA time zone makes it difficult to attend a lot of sessions.

thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Great post @Rick Vanover. Still 1 hour working for customers and then I’m focussing on the Virtual VEEAMON tour 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Have fun @Chris.Childerhose and send me some swag 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Lets the show begin! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Will Veeam be adding MFA to the B&R application?   Are there any sessions that will discuss MFA and Veeam to improve security into the application?

I would suggest that you take a look at the v12 sessions; probably the “Veeam Backup & Replication v12: What's new and introduction”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ransomware is still very active 😣. Very interesting session “Learn from 1,000 Cyber-Attacks: 5 Key Considerations in aligning Backup with Ransomware-Preparedness” with Jason Buffington !

Glad you like this one Nico - this is one of the only sessions both on the virtual stream and on the in-person agenda.

Comment