Skip to main content
Question

VeeamBackup&Replication update to 12.1.1.56 it has been sitting at step 1 for over an hour

Hi everyone, I started the update, and it has been sitting at step 1 for over an hour. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Thanks in advance! 

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Depending on your database location and size it could take some time.  Also are all the services stopped now as I think that is part of step 1 as well.  It should not sit that long to be honest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The upgrade should take approximately 20-25 minutes. There might have been a problem. Are you migrating database to postgre?

Userlevel 2

@tarik.yenisey No, it is just a standard update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are your services already stopped ? Check services.msc to see if all Veeam services are already stopped. Manually stopping them can speed up the process.

Userlevel 2

The Guest Catalog and VSS Hardware Provider were the only two running. I stopped them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could also checkout %programdata%/veeam to see if additional logs are written. This gives you together with the task manager some signs of the progress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I would check the logs as mentioned or now that the services are stopped try killing the install and starting it over.  I know the upgrade takes a bit but never over an hour on step 1 that I have seen even with large VBK servers and DBs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Patience is always key when doing critical upgrades. Walk away and get a coffee and come back if you need to.

I’d check the logs as stated above to see if there are any errors happening, but ultimately, putting a support ticket in will be the best option. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks, everyone. I will go ahead and open a ticket. The logs stopped an hour and 10 minutes into the update, and I do not see any errors, but nothing new has shown up since then. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, everyone. I will go ahead and open a ticket. The logs stopped an hour and 10 minutes into the update, and I do not see any errors, but nothing new has shown up since then. 

I think that is a good idea.  Keep us posted on what you learn and the solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good call.  As much knowledge as everyone has here, Veeam Support deal with this stuff all day every  day. They also have the ability to remote to you and help on your environment. We can only see so much chatting on a forum and every environment is unique. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Do you have an Anti-Virus program blocking the upgrade? I have seen strange things like this before. Also check the space on your hard drive. I have run into space problems before😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hey have you selected to update the remote components during the upgrade ?

Comment