Solved

Veeam Management Agent on VBR server

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I am back into the wild and wonderful world of Veeam Service Provider Console after a brief sojourn. I wanted to see if there is a quick answer to this and if my old solution perhaps has a better one now.

I have a VBR that is connected to the Service Provider and all backup copy jobs are working fine. In VSPC the company is smiling with a happy green Healthy! However, at the VBR level the when pressing the Management Agent icon it complains that is connecting, and can’t connect after rolling through all the gateways. I tried running through the SP properties again but no luck. Is it time to un-install the pesky agent and redeploy? The ClientAgent_error, Communication and ClientAgent logs have things like CloudGate “No such host is known” and “Endpoint Hanshake Failed” and 

The write operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.TimeoutException: Could not finish read operation in timely manner.

Now could this be that if they have running backups and have used up the Tenants connections it won’t let the Agent talk to it? That does not really make sense but I am guessing.

Also a major point VBR is on Veeam 10 :) .. my advice would be to upgrade as well.

Next stop Veeam Support unless I am missing something dreadfully obvious :) 

icon

Best answer by Mildur 28 April 2023, 21:21

View original

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What version is VSPC that you have installed?  I would try the uninstall/reinstall route otherwise upgrade if you can.  Barring that a support ticket or possibly a search in the forums too.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yep..I’d open a ticket. Best bet. I’m sure they’ll probably suggest upgrading as @Chris.Childerhose mentioned, as the 1st thing to try. Gosh...10 is what...4 yrs old?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yep..I’d open a ticket. Best bet. I’m sure they’ll probably suggest upgrading as @Chris.Childerhose mentioned, as the 1st thing to try. Gosh...10 is what...4 yrs old?

I politely mentioned an upgrade :). I think I had an issue with this back when it was called VAC. Anyways, it is the only one that has the this issue. All the other folks upgraded before I got on the ship so things could always be worse. I am going to comb through the logs on the other side because I do see this fellow trying to connect, it spins through the gateways so I have a feeling there will be a pot of log gold at the end of the rainbow. 

Support will say upgrade :) I know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Chris.Childerhose  Veeam 12 on the other end so .. big wide canyon between the too :). I did not see anything in the forums specific with that. My worry is the errors are just sputting out generic stuff. 

On the other hand I don’t think I have seen a warning about incompatibility from Veeam. Let me look at the VSPC docs again quickly

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You’ve probably checked this already but…

Is the VSPC Management Agent up to date? Is the certificate correct? Was that VBR server ever managed by a different VSPC?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

yup on both counts. Never managed by another one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That best answer button being next to the like button...oops...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Veeam V10 is not supported with VSPC v7 and VCC v12.

You should update :) At least Veeam V10a with Patch P20210609 (10.0.1.4854) must be installed.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You should update :)

Best,

Fabian

That's the best answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You should update :)

Best,

Fabian

That's the best answer!

@Madi.Cristil or @safiya can fix that.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You should update :) At least Veeam V10a with Patch P20210609 (10.0.1.4854) must be installed.

Best,

Fabian

Mildur to the Rescue!!!!! My beer owing count is now up to 9999 :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@HangTen416 I told you when I paid you the $50 to only do best answer when I put my secret sign in the post (@ best answer hint hint)

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wait a minute some weird person wearing a hat said first to upgrade in this thread “Also a major point VBR is on Veeam 10 :) .. my advice would be to upgrade as well.”

🤣😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well, at least you know what to do next… 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Wait a minute some weird person wearing a hat said first to upgrade in this thread “Also a major point VBR is on Veeam 10 :) .. my advice would be to upgrade as well.”

🤣😎

You will get the best answer, and I‘ll take the beer. Great deal 😏

Comment