Question

Veeam Backup V11 Problem with server with SQL transaction log

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi everyone,

I have problem with one of my servers who have MSQL and when the backup is finished i have this warning message “ Unable to truncate Microsoft SQL Server transaction logs. Details: Failed to process 'TruncateSQLLog' command. Failed to truncate SQL server transaction logs for instances: . See guest helper log.” I have search in official support and only find that the veeam account for backup must be MSQL administrator on that database, and to be local admin on that machine. I have make him database admin, but still i have this warning, and the hdd on that machine will be full soon. We have V11 Enterprise with support and so on, but because we are Public Enterprise we have bought this product from one Company in our Town. Can somebody give me some solution instruction step by step ?

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have opened the guest helper log to find an entry of your issue?

the guest helper logs can help you to find the reason.

Location on the Guest VM:

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\VeeamGuestHelper_%date%.log

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @tomi.petrovski ..have you checked a couple Veeam KBs out?

https://www.veeam.com/kb1746

https://www.veeam.com/kb2447

See if either one of those help you out. 

Cheers! 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you i will try and i will write you back !

Userlevel 4
Badge

We have solved this problem last week, thank you very much, you helped me. But we have 3 or more SQL instance and we must setup for all instance to give them  permission :) . And on the end we have successfully setup on Veeam SQL Transaction  :) . Thank you all .

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We have solved this problem last week, thank you very much, you helped me. But we have 3 or more SQL instance and we must setup for all instance to give them  permission :) . And on the end we have successfully setup on Veeam SQL Transaction  :) . Thank you all .

Nice to see you fixed the issue as I know SQL permissions can be tricky for most backup products but following the docs which are great with Veeam helps.

Hello

in my Veeam Server I can’t find C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\VeeamGuestHelper_%date%.log 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello

in my Veeam Server I can’t find C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\VeeamGuestHelper_%date%.log 

@paolone 

Guest helper logs are on the guest machine you want to backup. Either your vm or physical machine.

You will not find it on the Veeam Backup Server.

I’m sorry !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry !!

Nothing to apologize for :)

Comment