Solved

Veeam Backup Tape Reports for Tenants

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wanted to ask here in the community if anyone has developed a Veeam Tape report mainly for size reporting that they can share?  I am looking in to VONE but the reports there are not sufficient enough for our reporting.

We have a service that clients send to VCC then it tapes out for long term offline storage.  So each month we need to automate reporting on size for each tenant of consumed data on tape.

I am also asking in the Vanguard slack too about this so some of you may see this there as well.  Also doing my Googling too. 😋

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 10 August 2022, 14:39

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This is something I would be interested in as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I did not write it up to now.

I have a similar requirement from one of my customers using tapes onsite….

When there is some time, I will write it… 😎 But time is a great problem...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks guys.  Still looking around to see what I can find hopefully something soon. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@JMeixner : Wait for your artcile :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks guys.  Still looking around to see what I can find hopefully something soon. 😁

Are you writing as well on that !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you writing as well on that !

I may try but time with work and projects stops me.  I am going to reach out to someone at Veeam to see about helping or if he has something already.  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@JMeixner : Wait for your artcile :) 

It will take some time… I am very short on time at the moment 😟

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Can confirm, there is not much tape monitoring in VBR. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Chris.Childerhose 

I can take a crack at this as I mostly have a report ready for this on a normal VBR server, just need to see if there are any “considerations” for VCC.

Can you share an example output of what you want to see in a report? (e.g., just write it out by hand)

I’m having a bit of trouble imagining what your business rules would be, so before I commit too much time I just want to make sure I’m on the same page as you.

Most of the data _likely_ is in CTaskSession objects from Get-VBRTaskSession, but if you can share what you imagine the end result looking like, this shouldn’t take too long.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Chris.Childerhose

I can take a crack at this as I mostly have a report ready for this on a normal VBR server, just need to see if there are any “considerations” for VCC.

Can you share an example output of what you want to see in a report? (e.g., just write it out by hand)

I’m having a bit of trouble imagining what your business rules would be, so before I commit too much time I just want to make sure I’m on the same page as you.

Most of the data _likely_ is in CTaskSession objects from Get-VBRTaskSession, but if you can share what you imagine the end result looking like, this shouldn’t take too long.

I am interested in the report for the normal VBR Server… 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose

I just want to have it report on each Tenant pool the total size for what is used whether online or offline for the tapes. We are trying to report on tape usage for each Tenant to Tape backup job for billing.

Let me know if you need more information.

Comment