Solved

Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 proxy disconnects and proxy Windows service dies on every backup. Anyone else seen this?

Show first post

29 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good old Mildur to the rescue.  I forgot that KB and the SMB part of it. Funny how it stares you in the face.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You‘re most welcome. The statement about the experimental support is also in our user guide:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/vbo_backup_repositories.html?ver=70

Our general recommendation for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 is to use Object Storage as a repository target. VB365 backup data on object storage will have much better compression (40-55% depending on the source objects) and performance compared to jet db based repositories. Especially for service provider it‘s better to use object storage. 

And you may find new features around repositories in future versions of VB365 provided only for object storage based repositories.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 3

You‘re most welcome. The statement about the experimental support is also in our user guide:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo365/guide/vbo_backup_repositories.html?ver=70

Our general recommendation for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 is to use Object Storage as a repository target. VB365 backup data on object storage will have much better compression (40-55% depending on the source objects) and performance compared to jet db based repositories. Especially for service provider it‘s better to use object storage. 

And you may find new features around repositories in future versions of VB365 provided only for object storage based repositories.

Best,

Fabian

RTFM only works right when you RT right FM… My bad. :-)

Userlevel 3

Good old Mildur to the rescue.  I forgot that KB and the SMB part of it. Funny how it stares you in the face.  😂

If it’s not quasi-supported features it’s a leading/trailing space in the path… LOL

So simple a caveman could miss it

Comment