Solved

Veeam Backup for AWS - Can't select a repository for Configuration Backups

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 1

I’ve created a repository per the instructions from the documentation, but cannot select it for scheduled Configuration Backups. It’s displayed in the Repository list. Encryption, and immutability is enabled.

Is there something else missing?

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 22 January 2024, 18:18

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can only use Immutability on Object Storage to store configuration backup files, and be on Veeam v12.1. (see here) Otherwise, it has to be a regular Repository.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As @coolsport00 mentioned. 

Here is some info: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/config_backup_immutable.html?ver=120#:~:text=Veeam%C2%A0Backup%C2%A0%26%C2%A0Replication%20allows%20you%20to%20keep%20configuration%20backups%20on%20object%20storage%20repositories%20that%20support%20immutability

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I’ve created a repository per the instructions from the documentation, but cannot select it for scheduled Configuration Backups. It’s displayed in the Repository list. Encryption, and immutability is enabled.

Is there something else missing?

Are you talking about Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Backup for AWS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good catch @wolff.mateus . Yes, according to the AWS Guide, but in line with what I shared from the regular User Guide, the Repo has to have immutability DISABLED and encryption ENABLED. And, the Repo must be AWS S3 Standard storage. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks everyone.  Creating a bucket without immutability was the answer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad to we could help. 😊

Comment