Solved

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Rest API (v1.4) Getting the job log data

Userlevel 2

Hi All,

I’m a Veeam newbie, doing some development work with the rest API. 

Using the REST api endpoint: /api/query?type=BackupJobSession I can get a list of backup job sessions. Within that I get the link to get the JobReference information. That's all fine, but what I need to get is the job log data:

Is this information available via the api?

Thanks,

Tim.

icon

Best answer by Tim Scott 13 April 2023, 15:05

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Tim Scott ...I personally don’t use the APIs, but Veeam does have an API reference document. Did you comb through it to see if they have an API for what you’re wanting? You can view it here.

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 yes, have checked the documentation, none of the methods seem to have what I need, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Tim Scott ...ah ok, too bad. 😕 The only other option I can suggest is to post in the Veeam forums. Post what you need/are looking for. Product Managers are very active there. They’ll either be able to provide what you’re needing or, if they can’t, they’ll look to implement it in an upcoming release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Tim Scott ...ah ok, too bad. 😕 The only other option I can suggest is to post in the Veeam forums. Post what you need/are looking for. Product Managers are very active there. They’ll either be able to provide what you’re needing or, if they can’t, they’ll look to implement it in an upcoming release.

This is the best idea or even search the forums too to see if anyone has asked a similar question.

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 @Chris.Childerhose thanks guys, have checked out the forums, looks like the info I need isn’t available from the EM rest api.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@coolsport00 @Chris.Childerhose thanks guys, have checked out the forums, looks like the info I need isn’t available from the EM rest api.

I would then suggest putting a post in the forum for an enhancement to the product.  👍🏼

Comment