Question

veeam backup and replication console don´t open no message error

Userlevel 1

im trying to open veeam backup and replication console i update to latest version (12), and the program wont start it close at splash window. i had the 11 version and happnened again. i went trough a network problem in my job and some of the virtual machine get damage. i want to restore it but need help to open veeam backup and replication.

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EurysPerez 

Welcome to the Community. 

I would get this logged with Veeam Support to have a look into this for you. 

Additionally, you can install the Console on another workstation/server that is able to talk to your VBR instance and connect that way. 

Have a look at the link below:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_console.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello @EurysPerez 

When you updated to v12, did you update the console? You mentioned you have v11 too. is it the same VBR with the same DB or you revert a snapshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Try to right-click it and select run as administrator.

also, ensure all Veeam services are up and running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have you tried a VBR server reboot?

Userlevel 1

Hi @EurysPerez 

Additionally, you can install the Console on another workstation/server that is able to talk to your VBR instance and connect that way. 

hi, thanks we installed on another workstation and happen the same it close rapidly, i have to mention that we been trough a problem in our network with several macflap affecting the entire network, that just damage some of the virtual machines and i wanted to restore but veeam backup console still dont open, a need help badly i open a case on veeam but im waiting for support, we try the renaming system.properties and still the same

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EurysPerez 

hi, thanks we installed on another workstation and happen the same it close rapidly, i have to mention that we been trough a problem in our network with several macflap affecting the entire network, that just damage some of the virtual machines and i wanted to restore but veeam backup console still dont open, a need help badly i open a case on veeam but im waiting for support, we try the renaming system.properties and still the same

Are you able to access the Veeam backup files from your storage repository? On a fresh VM install Veeam Community Edition, import the backup and you should then be able to access the previous backups and hopefully perform a restore. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @EurysPerez 

Are you able to access the Veeam backup files from your storage repository? On a fresh VM install Veeam Community Edition, import the backup and you should then be able to access the previous backups and hopefully perform a restore. 

im able to see the backup files, yes all of them are in my work station i can go file explorer and see it im gonna try a fresh install of veeam community edition and try, should i unnistall the veeam backup and replication?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @EurysPerez 

im able to see the backup files, yes all of them are in my work station i can go file explorer and see it im gonna try a fresh install of veeam community edition and try, should i unnistall the veeam backup and replication?

No, I would not recommend uninstalling. Let Veeam Support look into your existing issue whilst you try and perform a recovery. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Seems your installation is damaged/broken at some point. Maybe the Eventlog or %PROGRAMDATA%\Veeam Logs can give you a hint, but probably the best will be to let Veeam Support check it.

If you need to restore right away, you can setup a new installation on a different system and import your backupfiles there. A quick alternative could be to use the extractor utility on your existing server, which works independent of your VBR server:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/extract_utility_gui.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @EurysPerez -

I’m just following up on your Console opening issue after upgrade. Did you ever get it working? I saw several other Community posts to where the issue stemmed from Antivirus causing conflict and, once folder/path exceptions were made, it then began to work.

If that doesn’t work, did any of the mentioned comments help you? If so, can you select which one did as ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar issue who come across your post may benefit?

Thank you!

Comment