Solved

Veeam Agent for Windows - not seeing all restore points

I have 6 months of daily restore points, a monthly VBK and daily VIBs for each month. I have the backup job configured to keep 180 days of backups. However, when I do an FLR, it only displays from 11/1/23 forward, just 60 restore points. I feel like the repository needs to be rescanned but I can't see how to do that. (I use Veeam B&R for our corporate backup system, so I am familiar with this, but I don't see how to do it in the free version). I also tried right-clicking the actual VBK or VIB I want to use and then "Open", but it just opens the FLR window, showing only the last 60 restore points.

This behavior exists on multiple PCs where I use Veeam Agent for Windows.  This product isn’t much use if I can’t restore my data.

I opened a case (#07068715) over a week ago and it was auto-closed because no one was available to look at it.

Does anyone know how I can access my restore points? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 8 January 2024, 16:50

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There is no rescan option for Veeam Agent for repositories.  It seems like that the VBM file which is the metadata file can only see 60 restore points.  Did you try as per the thread in the forum which seems to be yours and what Fabian said?  This one - Veeam Agent for Windows - not seeing all restore points - R&D Forums

Maybe try doing what was suggested importing the backup in VBR to see if you see all restore points there.

Thank you for the response, I will respond over on the other thread.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In looking at your Forum post to get a few more details, is this issue on every computer you use the Agent on, or just one in particular?

Comment