Solved

Using B&R 11 to backup Physical Workstations Windows 10 Pro is installed VEEAM shows Microsoft Windows 11 (Next, 64-bit, Technical Preview) and brings a warning.

Userlevel 1

The workstation is in a Protection Group and Agent Version 5.0.3.4708 is installed.

The workstation was added over the Active Directory and the AD shows Windows 10 Professional is installed.  I also logged into the workstation and yes indeed Windows 10 Professional is installed.  Windows 11 is blocked from installing in our Network using a GPO and the Workstation was not upgraded to Windows 11 and then reset back to Windows 10.

Its been showing the warning since Tuesday.  Removing it from the Protection Group and re-adding it does not help.

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 12 January 2023, 15:30

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 1

B&R version is 11.0.1.1261 P20220302

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

are you running Windows 10 22H2 by any chance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are, it’s going to be because the ‘full support’ for this comes in the next release, details here: https://forums.veeam.com/post472117.html#p472117

As for functionality, the only known issues publicly reported with Win 10 22H2 are these: https://forums.veeam.com/post468996.html#p468996

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @ShawnA, I am not sure I understood this sentence correctly “Windows 11 is blocked from installing in our Network using a GPO and the Workstation was not upgraded to Windows 11 and then reset back to Windows 10”. What do you mean by reset back to Windows 10? Did you try to upgrade? If yes, like @MicoolPaul said, support is going to be in the next release.

If the above is not the case and the wrong OS was detected, kindly contact Veeam Support!

Userlevel 1

Exactly as I wrote it. the Workstation was not upgraded to Windows 11 and then reset back to Windows 10

Without the upgrade you don’t need a reset.

I heard back from support, Veeam B&R is treating windows 10 22H2 as being seen as Windows 11.

Should be fixed with version 12.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Exactly as I wrote it. the Workstation was not upgraded to Windows 11 and then reset back to Windows 10

Without the upgrade you don’t need a reset.

I heard back from support, Veeam B&R is treating windows 10 22H2 as being seen as Windows 11.

Should be fixed with version 12.

Absolutely! I am glad you have contacted support on this issue. 

So what if, we aren’t planning on upgrading to v12 anytime soon? This will be problematic…

Will re-installing the agent help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No. The new agent version is required for full Windows 10 22H2 support. Without Agent v6, you will see still the warning in the backup job. And Veeam Agent V6 requires Veeam Backup & Replication v12 for management and if used as a veeam backup repositories.

No. The new agent version is required for full Windows 10 22H2 support. Without Agent v6, you will see still the warning in the backup job. And Veeam Agent V6 requires Veeam Backup & Replication v12 for management and if used as a veeam backup repositories.

I am guessing there is no standalone agent that can be downloaded and installed but will need to be upgraded to V12 that has the RTM built-in?

This is really strange because it is only happening to one of my WIN10 devices and not other. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There is a standalone agent V6. But you cannot use the Agent V6 together with VBR v11.

Comment