Skip to main content
Solved

Upgrade issue from V11a to V12 - VeeamExplorerForSQL.msi_explorers missing

I am trying to upgrade 11a (11.0.1.1261_22020302) to V12.1 via iso and when it gets to step 3 (Upgrading Veeam Explorers) a popup says that it can't find VeeamExplorerForSQL.msi_explorers.  

Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

It is looking for that file in this location (which does not exist):
C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Setup\Temp\80ca74a8-4c01-451b-b8df-3d76e7abf376\FixFiles\

I can't find it anywhere on the machine.  I did find an old log file that references that file that references version 9.5.  I found that file inside an old 9.5 update.  I extracted it and put it in the location asked for, but it still does not like it.

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Are you using the latest ISO file from here - KB4510: Release Information for Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 and Updates

Trying to see if I can find more information.

Userlevel 1

Yes, It is the same version listed.  VeeamBackup&Replication_12.1.1.56_20240220.iso

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @A.Hildebrand - I searched around for others who may have run into the issue, but couldn’t find anything. I recommend opening a case up with Support to see if they can get you sorted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes, It is the same version listed.  VeeamBackup&Replication_12.1.1.56_20240220.iso

You can probably do one of two things -

1. Uninstall the current version and then install the new pointing at your DB which it should upgrade.

2. Contact Support for further assistance.

Userlevel 1

Hi Chris,

I did not think about trying to uninstall and re-install.  I forgot that the data is stored in a separate database.  I tried to uninstall the Veeam Backup & Replication app via Add/Remove Programs and it failed with the same error that I was getting from the Upgrade.  I went ahead and uninstalled all of the other Veeam components separately.  I tried once more to uninstll the main Backup & Replication app and it failed again.  I then tried the 12.1 installer and it asked me if I wanted to repair the installation, so I tried that and it seemed to work.  It said that the install was successful and I checked the version in the Help→ About box and it says 12.1.

Thanks again for all your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Not a problem at all. Glad to hear this helped to get things going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Good to see you got it working! 

Comment