Solved

Unable to create recovery media with Community Edition 12.1

Userlevel 4

Hi, built a new home server just in time to test the new 12.1 Community Edition.  Everything seems to work fine except I can’t seem to create a usb recovery stick.  When I click on Recovery Media, I get an error message that says “Cannot find backup file for <Server Name>”. I’ve created a backup on this server and it finished successfully.  Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Hammer 27 December 2023, 00:01

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @Hammer,
just found an old thread about a similar topic. Perhaps this helps you.

https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/issue-creating-recovery-media-via-the-b-r-console-t51767.html

Userlevel 4

Hi, thank you…I’m not sure if that situation applies to me.  I have created a full backup and the backup is stored on a dedicated disk attached to the server that is designated Backup Repository 1.

Thank you

Userlevel 4

Hi, it appears that error message comes up when trying to create recovery media while the job is running (even though I had done a full backup previously).  I was able to create the recovery media once the backup job finished.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Was about to ask about the OS version or job running. Glad you solved it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, the backup files are locked during the runtime of the job.
You can only create the recovery media when the job is not running because the backup files need to be accessed.

Userlevel 4

Thank you for the explanation.  Another issue I noticed is if I start a second backup job while one is running, the second job fails instead of waiting for the first job to finish.  I vaguely recall version 12.0 will wait instead of failing which makes more sense to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

A second job for the same machine or for another machine?

Userlevel 4

A second job for the same machine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Veeam usually waits for the first job to finish weird that it did not in this case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could you please post the error message?

Is it a backup job or a copy backup job?

Is it a physical machine or a VM you want to backup?

Comment