Solved

Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: All backup proxies are offline or outdated

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Edited properties of Proxy, compiled successfully. Rebooted Proxy server but still the same issue.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 9 February 2024, 18:53

View original

24 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Are you integrating into enterprise storage with this?

I had this with a NetApp integration previously whereby some NetApp SVMs were provisioned ‘with’ NFS access, even though at the front end this appeared disabled. Veeam’s integration discovered this NFS ‘mount’ and tried to communicate to it even though the SVM didn’t have an interface Veeam could communicate with it via.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @csaha77 -

So, you're Proxies are offline? Many reasons can cause this. Any recent changes to VBR or the Proxies. Can you ping them from VBR? Check any firewall rules? DNS ok? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As @coolsport00 said, there are many reasons that can cause.

You also can reference this document to troubleshoot it.

https://www.veeam.com/kb1857

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check the proxy for old components that may be even older than the previous version and remove them from control panel.  Then edit the proxy again in Veeam and see if that works. I have seen leftover components cause this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@csaha77 I just had this issue and had to completely remove the proxy even from the managed servers section. Uninstall the Veeam components and reboot it then add it back.  That fixes it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Chris.Childerhose Tried to remove the proxy from managed server but getting error unable to delete the selected host because it carries one or more backup infrastructure role. Did you remove Veeam components from proxy server? What components did you remove?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @csaha77 -

You have to remove it from being a Proxy first. But be advised, if you have a Backup or Copy job using the Proxy explicitly, you need to change the Job(s) to at least temporarily use ‘Automatic’. Once all the Jobs are changed, rt-click on the Proxy you’re having issue with, then click Remove. After the role is removed from it, you can then remove it as a Managed Server, then re-add per Chris’s instructions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose Tried to remove the proxy from managed server but getting error unable to delete the selected host because it carries one or more backup infrastructure role. Did you remove Veeam components from proxy server? What components did you remove?

Yes remove it as a Proxy server first. Then remove from managed servers which will remove Veeam software.  Then add it back as a proxy again but first check the server to ensure all components are gone and if not manually remove them and reboot. Then add back to Veeam as a Proxy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And if you’re like me, it may still not work well because I have a failing proxy server (or former proxy server) that was also a repo server.  And I can’t remove that repo just yet, so I ended up building a new proxy server (or servers) and removed the proxy role from that server for the time being.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Chris.Childerhose In the managed servers, the backup server is showing not available and has a red cross besides the servername, when rescan, host discovery failed with error access denied, RPC call. When trying to delete from Backup Proxy, error Unable to delete the selected proxy because it carries additional backup infrastructure roles

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose In the managed servers, the backup server is showing not available and has a red cross besides the servername, when rescan, host discovery failed with error access denied, RPC call. When trying to delete from Backup Proxy, error Unable to delete the selected proxy because it carries additional backup infrastructure roles

You need to remove the roles for the Proxy in the Backup Proxy section first - anywhere you see the Proxy - VMware, Agent, CDP -- remove here first. Then go to Managed Servers and remove the server at that point.  Then log in to the server and ensure no more Veeam components are left and reboot.

After that you can add it back to the Proxy Server section to install the roles again.  Not much else I can tell you here just following these steps works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Even with the X on the server you can remove it but first remove from the Proxy Servers section.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

ok went to the Backup proxies and when trying to delete error Unable to delete the selected proxy because it carries additional backup infrastructure roles

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

ok went to the Backup proxies and when trying to delete error Unable to delete the selected proxy because it carries additional backup infrastructure roles

And what does the other roles state?  If this is the main VBR server then you will not be able to remove it from here.  If it is a separate Proxy then you can.  Sounds like you have an all-in-one install so you cannot remove it.  Unless I am wrong but just need to do a little more reading on how Veeam works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A screenshot of the Backup Proxy section of the tree would be very helpful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

This is from backup Proxies.

This is from Managed servers

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So, my guess is the Proxy you are trying to remove is also the VBR server which contains other roles.  Is the Proxy server also a Repository server?  If that is the case, then you cannot remove it from Veeam and the easiest way to fix this would be to add another server as Proxy and disable the VBR from being a Proxy Server which is best practice.

Sorry but that is all I can think of to help other than contacting Support to open a ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“So, my guess is the Proxy you are trying to remove is also the VBR server which contains other roles.” ← Yep..that’s what it kinda looks like to me, too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Chris.Childerhose @coolsport00 Thanks for your support will look into this issue again next week

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sounds good...keep us posted @csaha77 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose @coolsport00 Thanks for your support will look into this issue again next week

Not a problem.  Keep us posted on how you progress and what solves the issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Recreated Backup with Automatic selection, rescan backup proxy and check credentials for vcenter servers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Recreated Backup with Automatic selection, rescan backup proxy and check credentials for vcenter servers.

Great glad to hear you got it working.  Thanks for posting what helped fix it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad you got it sorted. 

Comment