Skip to main content
Question

Trend Deep Security Antivirus integration with Veeam Backup & Replication AntivirusInfo.XML

Hi,

Has anybody successfully integrated Trend Deep Security so that Veeam can scan backups?

Veeam support had no answers, reach out to trend which weren't helpful. 

If you have, could you please share the AntivirusInfo.xml settings you have setup?

Thank You

Chris

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hey @OPLCV -

I haven’t seen anyone posting anything about them, but maybe someone can share if they were successful. Seems to be a problem getting FortiClient to work as well (have seen a post on that vendor a few mos back).

Does Trend have command line parameters which come with it? That’s really the first thing to look at.

Best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

Usually you just need to find out how the command line for the AV works.
I found this for Trend: https://help.deepsecurity.trendmicro.com/aws/command-line-interface.html

Then, we have in our User Guide an explanation about how the XML structure works: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/av_scan_xml.html?ver=120

See if this works - 

<!-- Trend Micro --> <AntivirusInfo Name='Trend Micro' IsPortableSoftware='false' ExecutableFilePath='%ProgramFiles%\Trend Micro\Scanner\TmScan.exe' CommandLineParameters='-scan %Path%' RegPath='HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TmScan' ServiceName='TmScan' ThreatExistsRegEx='Threat\s+detected' IsParallelScanAvailable='false'> <ExitCodes> <ExitCode Type='Success' Description='No threats detected'>0</ExitCode> <ExitCode Type='Infected' Description='Virus threat was detected'>1</ExitCode> <ExitCode Type='Error' Description='Antivirus scan was completed with errors'>2</ExitCode> <ExitCode Type='Error' Description='Antivirus scan was canceled'>3</ExitCode> <ExitCode Type='Error' Description='Invalid command line argument'>4</ExitCode> </ExitCodes> </AntivirusInfo> </Antiviruses>

Some useful info in setting up the Antivirusinfo is found here - https://help.deepsecurity.trendmicro.com/aws/command-line-interface.html#dsa_scan

Whatever i do the Veeam scan says it fails due to not being able to see any AV software…

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello

I m working on it for a customer.

I successfully create the file and the scan start but I have issue because of access denied or too long path but it s strange. 

I opened a ticket today and veeam should give me the first answer tomorow.

I could share the code I used if you want ?

Hi, damien commenge that would be great if you could share. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@martin simpson 

This is what I made 

<AntivirusInfo Name='Trend Micro Deep Security' IsPortableSoftware='false' ExecutableFilePath='%ProgramFiles%\Trend Micro\Deep Security Agent\dsa_scan.cmd' CommandLineParameters='--target %Path%' RegPath='HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ds_agent' ServiceName='ds_agent' ThreatExistsRegEx='' IsParallelScanAvailable='true' >
<ExitCodes>
<ExitCode Description='Scan completed and no malware found.' Type='Success'>0</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Scan completed with at least one malware found.' Type='Infected'>1</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Scan completed, no malware found but some files skipped.' Type='Warning'>2</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Scan completed, but at least malware found and some files skipped.' Type='Infected'>3</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='The argument string is too long.' Type='Error'>246</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='The Security Platform is shutting down.' Type='Error'>247</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Too many instances.' Type='Error'>248</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='No permission.' Type='Error'>249</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Manual Scan Configuration is not set.' Type='Error'>250</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='AM feature is not enabled.' Type='Error'>251</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='The platform is not supported.' Type='Error'>252</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='The agent is not running.' Type='Error'>253</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Invalid parameters.' Type='Error'>254</ExitCode>
<ExitCode Description='Unexpected error.' Type='Error'>255</ExitCode>
</ExitCodes>
</AntivirusInfo>

Thanks Damien, but Veeam still can’t see the AV software!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Thanks Damien, but Veeam still can’t see the AV software!

I’m talking about Trend micro deep security  here and not “trend micro” as you linked in your first post.

You need to go to the path :

%ProgramFiles%\Trend Micro\Deep Security Agent\

and be sure you have a file “dsa_scan.cmd”

I had the error when I did a typo on this path only… After I fixed it I can continue the wizzard

It is Trend micro deep security being used, I will try to work out what is wrong

Comment