Solved

Small Issue after installing the path for V12

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello,

I have updated some of the V12 VBR servers with the patch from Tuesday.
The server is running and backups are possible.

But I see on all servers a warning for a system process ( Veeam Console → History Tab → System).

Are you seeing this warning/error, too?

Edit:

Seems to be a timing issue with both V11 and V12.
The next planned execution of the Catalog Cleanup on day later runs successfully.

So, It’s a “cosmetic” issue.

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 9 March 2023, 15:18

View original

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not seeing anything like this as of yet but it is only my homelab servers I have upgraded.  Will wait to see what happens when we begin our production updates in the next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There was another issue with V11 servers.

But I think I started the server too fast after rebooting in this case.

Closing the console and restarting the Veeam Guest Catalog Service cleared this message and the Catalog Cleanup Process finished successful the next time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I have the latest of v11, including the newly released patch, @JMeixner and am not seeing these errors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks @coolsport00 , with V11 it was probably my own fault. But with V12 the error persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Actually...in scrolling down a bit further...I do see this error. It appears the error is stemming from the VBR server itself refusing a connection on port 9393. This was 2 days ago. I received the error shortly after installing the Patch it seems. I don’t know how often ‘Catalog Cleanup’ runs. But, I haven’t seen the error since the 7th. Are you seeing this every day?

UPDATE: I sorted the Job Name column and see I have had a successful run of that job as of yesterday. So maybe it was a one-off warning? Hopefully….

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It seems to run after server start and then every day.

With V11 is seems to be a timing problem. Not all services are properly started after server reboot and this causes the error. This would explain, why it runs successful at the next day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good to know. Thanks for the additional info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ahaaa…. Now one day is over since upgrading the V12 server just two minutes ago 😁).

And now the Catalog Cleanup has finished successfully…

So, it seems, that it is a timing issue with V12, too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JMeixner 

Try to restart Veeam Guest Catalog Service on VBR server

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, I have done this.

On V11 this resolves the issue immediately. On V12 not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’ve also noticed this error in some environments but as the next attempts succeeded, I just thought that the services weren’t started/ready after the update.

Comment