Skip to main content
Solved

Same machine, different jobs results in multiple backup copies

Hi, I notice that when I backup the same machine with different jobs (each job contains the same machine) via Agent that B&R stores the backup copies under different directories and hence multiple copies of that machines backup up are saved.  Is there a way to get around this so only one copy is saved?

Thanks

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Hammer -

Are you saying the vbk/vib files for this Agent computer in a single job are stored in different Repo locations? Or, are you saying this Agent computer is in more than one backup job and has multiple backup files on different Repos cuz it's in multiple jobs which have a different Repos set? 

Veeam stores all backup files on the Repo configured for the job. The only case where the backup files can be on different Repo storage is when you use Scale Out Backup Repository & configure it with the Performance Policy:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/backup_repository_sobr_placement.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You have two jobs so that is two different chains for backup.  You cannot have one server in two seperate jobs using the same files.  Even if they are on SOBR they will not combine as it is still two jobs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Oops...overlooked he said 2 different jobs 😉

My meaning about SOBR was files can be on different storage (extents) within the same SOBR within the same job with Perf Policy. To keep them on the same extents in a SOBR you'd use a Data Locality policy. You cannot combine files for multiple jobs  on a "shared" Repo as Chris shared.

Comment