Skip to main content

Is anybody here having problems with Tape Library control through Veeam lately? I have jobs that have run for years and that even survived the V12 update a couple of weeks ago, but have now started throwing a fit every time a tape needs to be loaded/unloaded/inventoried etc. Every error is a variation of the “Failed to call RPC function” message, but with different specifics: LoadMediumByScsi, GetElementsStatusesByScsi etc. This only started on Friday, and is puzzling because it only affects our Dell ML3 (LTO6/LTO8) interchanger, but not the Dell TL2000 (LTO6).  

I have tried the usual update of Firmware (Drives and Libraries, SCSI Controllers etc) to no avail. Removing and recreating the Library made little difference either (it loaded a tape ONCE then returned to the errors).  Rebooted the Backup Server AND the Library. 

Has anyone dealt with this successfully or am I looking at new incident?

Same here.

Powervault 124T

Hi @TurkTownBlue - have you reached out to Support for your Tape issue? If so, were they able to resolve it for you? If so, can you share what they did?

If you haven’t yet contacted Support, I recommend doing so as no one from here has provided any recommendations or insights on your issue.

Thank you.

Hi @TurkTownBlue  - I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to resolve your issue with one of the posted comments or if you found another solution.  If you could update the thread and if one of the comments helped you mark that as best answer or if you found another solution post it and then mark it as best answer that would be great.  It will help others and the community to get answers/details for similar problems.

Hi,
gibt es hierzu bereits eine Lösung?

Comment