Solved

Restoring the whole folder from the NAS archive repository

• 13 September 2022
  • 3 comments

I’ve just been informed by support that Veeam does not allow restoring more than one file per restore job from a NAS archive repository. They suggested I create a feature request, so here goes.  Can I suggest adding a “feature” that allows for multiple files and whole folders to be restored from archives? Restoring one file at a time is a ludicrous proposition if you need to restore 1000’s or even 10 files.  We’ll need to find an alternative solution as we are already concerned about user requests for future data restoration from our already archived repos.  

icon

Best answer by Scott 13 September 2022, 15:06

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @AndreMJ ,
please file your feature request into the Veeam R&D forums. There the products management will see it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @AndreMJ ,
please file your feature request into the Veeam R&D forums. There the products management will see it.

Yes suggestions here don’t get picked up on by the right teams at Veeam where the R&D Forums they do and have sections for each product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I believe there is already a feature request (or several) for this in R&D forums but if you go add to it, that is one more request which brings it higher in priority.

https://forums.veeam.com/file-shares-f57/feature-request-restore-folders-from-archive-repository-t68505.html

Comment