Solved

Restoring Exchange Server 2013 Item, JetError -582

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry to bother the community again… but today i started to do restore-tests from successfull backups and ran into JetError -582. I cant find anything about this error.

What I did:

I tried to restore a single item from our scheduled exchange server backup. Everything worked until the database should have been opened. The backup I tried to restore from was the most recent and finished without warnings or errors.  It was an incremental backup. 3 hours before the faulty backup I did a manual incremental backup too (just for testing). Restoring items from this backup was successfull.

Is there a possibility to repair the faulty backup / database / missing logfiles?

Will all further incremental backups be faulty?

Will a full backup solve this problem?

Thankes a lot in advance :)

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 3 March 2023, 14:03

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Maybe database and log files are on different disks or there are several *.edb on Exch server

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could try running a full backup and test that. Also since Exchange is a JetDB have you run the MS repair commands on the database itself?  Maybe there is an issue with the EDB file itself that needs fixing.  Something to look in to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did the exchange server show any errors in the application event log at the time of the backup? Just to rule out that your exchange is having problems. If not, I would suggest to do another incremental run and see if you're able to browse the database.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I tested to restore exchange on the next day again (incremental). No error. I tested today after full backup - no error as well. The exchange server itself didnt show any errors or faulty behaviour. I will keep an eye on it and report further errors. Thankes a lot :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I tested to restore exchange on the next day again (incremental). No error. I tested today after full backup - no error as well. The exchange server itself didnt show any errors or faulty behaviour. I will keep an eye on it and report further errors. Thankes a lot :)

Glad to hear it might have corrected itself.  Be sure to mark an answer for your question to help others.

Comment