Skip to main content
Question

Removing Unavailable Backup Repository

Edition = latest edition of Veeam Community Edition 

-I successfully right-mouse click the menu area and enabled Home so that Backup Jobs are visible in Community Edition.

-I then successfully created a backup job using local administrator as Veeam Community Edition will only run the backup job with local administrator not any other local user with administrator permissions.

-I then successfully completed a backup.

-Initially, I was using Backup1 as the backup repository. I then went on to use another backup repository of Backup2. I have completed backups using Backup2 and want to remove the backup repository of Backup1. It shows Backup1 as unavailable which is correct. When I right-mouse click to remove Backup1, it says: “Backup1 is used for configuration backup. Open configuration backup settings and choose another backup repository first.”

I do not see any menu option or area that defines Configuration Backup Settings. Where is it?

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @community_user_4000

You simply click on the Main Menu, then select Configuration Database & change the Repository for it to your Backup2 Repo. See the Guide for assistance if needed:

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/vbr_config_schedule.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Click on the hamburger menu in the top left and then configuration backup.  Change it there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @community_user_4000  - I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to resolve your issue with one of the posted comments or if you found another solution.  If you could update the thread and if one of the comments helped you mark that as best answer or if you found another solution post it and then mark it as best answer that would be great.  It will help others and the community to get answers/details for similar problems.

Comment