Solved

Removing stale vcenter server from enterprise manager

• 9 December 2023
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 3

I have an install of Enterprise Manager that is still referencing an old vcenter server that does not exist any longer.  Of course, I can’t just right click it and remove it, since it doesn’t exist anymore, so I was wondering what procedure I can follow to remove this stale vcenter server from my Enterprise Manager.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 9 December 2023, 04:53

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you have VBR connection to enterprise manager then you need to remove it from there. That is where this is read from. If not the case then editing the database would be the only other way but I suggest contacting support for that.

Userlevel 3

I guess that was my question really.  Are there instructions for doing this at the DB level?  I’ve seen several posts from users with the same issue but no clear instructions for cleaning this up.  It seems REALLY inconvenient to have to open a support ticket for every little thing, especially something so minor.  

Instructions anywhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

DB instructions are not readily published anywhere and why it is recommended to contact support. Maybe others have done this and can reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I strongly advise to do db edits together with Veeam support only. The risk to damage your db is too high otherwise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

There’s is a fix for this by removing the record from the database, but you’ll want to contact support.  As far as I know, the fix isn’t published online anywhere, but it’s very much a known fix to support.  Someday, I’ll actually get around to doing it myself as well.

Userlevel 3

I did not contact support.  We are just going to leave the stale reference in there and perhaps one day, the fix will be public.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve left mine for years….I don’t know if it’ll ever become public.  It’s a minor nuisance for sure, but still a nuisance.

Comment