Solved

RBAC and Granular AD control

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey guys,

I am getting ready to deploy VEEAM V12 into my environment (finally - took 8+ months)

I am needing to delve into RBAC controls and granular access rights via AD 

anyone have any advice or a direction they could point me in?

thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 2 August 2023, 19:29

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

There are several new features in v12 that you can leverage, but don’t suggest you put the server on a domain as per best practice.

New features -

I would check out these to start.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Awesome!

Thanks for this, I didnt even think of keeping the machine off of the domain

I will check this out

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For sure enable MFA to start as Chris shared. Keep in mind, the accounts you use for this must be AD-based accounts..can’t enable for local accounts. Also, it’s not too intuitive to notice, but if you do select to disable MFA for an account, you do so for every account. In other words, if you select an acct in your list and deselect the option for MFA, all accounts no longer use MFA. But, there is a way to deselect for an individual account. Select the account, then the Edit button and tick the ‘This is a service account..’ option.

Also, as far as role permissions, the User Guide provides more details on the different VBR Roles available. They aren’t too granular, meaning, you can’t really add a Role to certain parts of the Console and another Role for a different part of the Console. It’s an all-or-nothing kinda deal.

Comment