Solved

potential malware activity detected: *.purge(Globe):1

• 25 January 2024
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 2 comments

Hi Everyone, 

I have a notification of potential malware detection on one of my VM with the message "potential malware activity detected: *.purge(Globe):1” 

Does anyone know how to resolve this ?

icon

Best answer by coolsport00 25 January 2024, 14:15

View original

7 comments

Userlevel 1

Hi,

You can find which file is potential malware from logs in C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\Malware_Detection_Logs

if you upgrade 12.1 CP1 you can see specific log file from event details.

Userlevel 2

Hi Thank you.

I am not sure how to read this log.

May you kindly assist?

Userlevel 1

Veeam are marked repot.purge file as suspicious file which is located in c:\programdata\sophos\autoupdate\data\

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Cajon -

As @JoukoLaine states, malware detection has determined the malware *.purge(Globe):1 , in location C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Autoupdate\data\ as being suspicious. It appears you have Sophos as your Antivirus software on this VM/computer? And, it looks like it detected and quarantined (probably) a potentially malicious file. So, this looks legitimate.

What you would now need to do is ‘clean’ the computer in question...via your A/V tool (Sophos, in this case). At next malware scan, if the file is removed by Sophos, hopefully it would come back the next time as clean. If not, and you know for sure you did take care of this file, you can mark the computer as clean. For all the info on how to Manage Malware, please refer to the User Guide here.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Userlevel 2

Thank you @coolsport00 @JoukoLaine 

i have rescanned the VM and found no malware and mark it as clean.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No problem @Cajon . Glad to help. 

Hey Veeam Team, 

on a Customer Site, we have a problem with false positive for an Sophos AV. 

Veeam detect the .purg file. After a full Sophos scan, the file is still there. And Veeam still finds

fault with the file. 

The system is clean. 

Do you have any ideas?

Best regards,

Stefan

Comment