Solved

Onboarded server on VeeamOne appears greyed out and shows error "Uncaught exception thrown by method called Reflection""

Userlevel 4

Onboarded server on VeeamOne appears greyed out and shows error "Uncaught exception thrown by method called Reflection""

icon

Best answer by Danyang007 29 January 2024, 14:07

View original

15 comments

Userlevel 4

The server appears like this 192.168.10.20 (Not Available) and its greyed out but the VMs on the server is not greyed out

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Danyang007 -

Where exactly is this error? Can you provide a screenshot?

Thank you.

Userlevel 4

This is the Veeamone Server.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Danyang007 

Have you had a look at the requirements here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/deployment/ports.html?ver=120

Looks like your Veeam One install is not able to connect to your VMware infrastructure correctly. 

Userlevel 4

Hello @dips 

The server is a hyper V server and the Windows firewall is already turned off. I dont think the port should still affect it, but will check.

Also it worth nothing that the servers were added successfully 3 days ago and all was fine up until this morning when this just suddenly came up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

No worries @Danyang007 

On the top left corner, you have a link where it says ‘Configuration issues (3 detected)’ 

Have you had a look there?

Userlevel 4

@dips Yes i have checked it. there is no info there, just says connection failure to 10.4.0.XX .

I removed a server that was having the same issue and tried to add it again, it still comes up with the same error “ Uncaught exception thrown by method called Reflection ”.

Do not even know what that error is pointing to

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It may be worth opening a Support Case as well if you have not yet done so. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Danyang007 -

Have you tried adding the host via hostname iinstead of IP? I saw a similar issue on the Forums.

Have you performed any Veeam upgrades?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Also, is UAC on, on this Hyper-V host? Have you recently installed Win updates? Have you tried something as simple as rebooted both the HV and VONE servers, then re-attempting to add?

Userlevel 4

@coolsport00

Yes I rebooted both servers and it did not help

I could not try the UAC step, because I would not be allowed to restart.

The solution that worked was that I just ran the VONE ISO again and installed and it fixed the issue.

Such a simple step .

Thank you @coolsport00@dips for the heps and suggestions

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice to hear you got it working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Welcome, glad you got it working! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Interesting that you had to run a reinstall again, but nice to see it working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Makes me wonder if the Veeam ONE agent wasn’t running properly and reinstalling resolved that issue?

Comment